dadandsoncards successes

dadandsoncards

5.00 star(s)
Hello all and Happy Monday!!! Had another return this weekend. Mr. Paul Marak signed my 1991 Topps in 220 days. He did not answer or return any of my included questions. Hope everyone has a great week and Happy Collecting.

dadandsoncards

5.00 star(s)
Another return this week. Mr. Ken Daley returned my 1991 Topps in 40 days. He too did not answer but did return my enclosed questions and also autographed the picture on the questionnaire. As you may know, I have always been involved in my kids sports, either going to all my daughters softball games and supporting her, to coaching my son in soccer for the last 4 years or so. It has always been fun and enjoyable. But the last 24 hours has really just almost destroyed all of that, and it wasn't any kid that made it happen. It is the parents. It is 8U soccer, not the world cup. I grew up playing soccer from 4 - 18, and really should have thought about playing on, but went to college and got lazy. Coaching has been so much fun, watching the kids develop and have FUN!!! I had a parent, who requested me to coach her daughter, I also had 16 other parents request that as well. I couldn't take everyone, and she was placed on another team with a friend of mine, who as well, just wants the kids to have fun and learn the sport. The one child had never played before, and my team that was originally picked had 4 kids already who had never played before. She threw a fit, emailed the league, called some mutual friends and talked about us (me and my wife) behind our backs then had her husband text me at 11 last night. Here is the kicker, her husband and I have been friends for 15 years or so. I guess not now, over 8u soccer. Who cares who is the coach??? My son isn't on the same team as his good friends. Yes some of the kids on the team are, but some are kids we don't know. I am sorry for venting about this on my success forum, but please for the name of Pete, just let the kids play and have fun. Coaches are volunteers and just want the kids to learn and have fun outside. They are not competing for a paycheck or an Olympic Gold Medal. I hope when we start to play and practice the joy returns, but for now, it has been ruined by helicopter parents. Your truly, dadandsoncards. Happy Collecting and Coaching!!!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
What a drag, people are trying too hard and caring WAAAAAY too much about all the wrong things. I hope they come around and can patch up differences in the future. I am a school social worker, and unfortunately see so many parents who delve into unimportant aspects of their kids lives, like whose team is whose, etc. Sorry to hear all this, hope they come around!

On a happier note, Ken Dayley is a very nice man, I'm glad he signed for you!

Blessings,

Kevin

dadandsoncards

5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone, been a few since I have posted. Nothing really too new, but thought I would share some stuff. Pete Smith returned my 1991 Topps in 86 days. He did not answer my questions. Oh well. Mr. John Costello signed my 1990 Donruss and added a 90 Score as well. He did answer my included questions. 393 days to return. When I pulled it out of the mailbox and saw it was from St. Louis, I was thinking, who in the world have I written to in St. Louis. Glad it made it's way home. I haven't gotten anything out in the mail for TTM. Maybe soon. I do have the stamps. Hard to find signers for my 1991 Topps set. I did get a my 1981 Fleer in pages and in a binder this past weekend. About 2/3s done for it be complete set. Not autographed just a set I am working on. Hope all is well with everyone and everyone is staying safe. Happy Collecting.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Awesome success my friend! You wouldnt have a ttm card from Mike Sweeney in a Royals uniform you would sell me, would you? If not, no worries!

Blessings,

Kevin