• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

dadandsoncards successes

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
2 in no ST returns

I have been really disappointed in my ST returns this year. I haven't written to any stars and have only 2 returns and one is a manager. I know the ST season isn't over yet, but was wondering if anyone else was disappointed this season? Please let me know.

I did have 2 returns in the PO Box today. First was Bob Miller. Bob pitched from 49 - 58 and was part of the "Whiz Kids" in 1950. he also hit 2 homeruns in his career. He wrote a nice letter back and answered my questions. Quick turnaround 5 days. Next I got back Joe Nolan in 6 days on a 1979 Topps. He didn't answer any of my questions. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Today brought back Bobby Morgan, a former Brooklyn Dodger and Phillie. He played from 1950 - 58. I had written to him last year but got my envelope returned with noting in it. Today I got my envelope plus an index card, so I was happy with that. He didn't respond to any of my questions or return them, but a success is a success. 8 days. Happy collecting.

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I've been disapointed with ST returns so far also. I have sent to several stars (Rivera, Hamilton, Weeks, Molitor) and know for sure that at least two of those will take awhile but still it's kinda frustrating. I have only gotten Chris Parmelee and that took 2.5 weeks.

majdic2136

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I've been disapointed with ST returns so far also. I have sent to several stars (Rivera, Hamilton, Weeks, Molitor) and know for sure that at least two of those will take awhile but still it's kinda frustrating. I have only gotten Chris Parmelee and that took 2.5 weeks.

i hear you. I too sent to rivera and a number of other players that I've seen successes from...just not mine (edwin jackson, vance worley, and others) I did have a success from Juan Samuel, but I was definitely hoping for more

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
2 returns no ST

First I got back Joe Schaffernoth on 2 index cards. He also answered my questions to my letter I included about his career. He pitched from 59 - 61 for Chicago and Cleveland. 12 days. Next I got back Rudy Minarcin who pitched from 55 - 57 for the Red Legs and the Red Sox. He too signed both index cards and answered my questions to my letter. He also included a 5 x 7 signed. 6 days. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
3 in

Had a nice weekend with fFamily and got to see my mom who lives about 4 hours away from me. Returned for a nice successes. First I got back Mike Tyson, the baseball player in 55 days. He signed my 1979 Topps but didn't return my letter containing my questions. Nice success though. I also got back James "Red" Moore, former Negro Leaguer in 18 days. He signed both index cards and answered my questions about his career. Very glad to get back. Added name to TTM database. Last I got back Dame Judi Dench form James Bond fame. I had emailed her at least a month ago and was glad to get a 4x6 inscribed to me. Added to database as well. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
fan pack

Got back a "fan pack" from the White Sox today. Had a sticker and 2 pocket schedules and an order form for some photos. There was a form letter included but not too much. I got back the Red Sox!!! earlier and it had a photo of Jacoby and 3 stickers, schedules, Fenway Dirt, braclet, and some other things can't remember right now. Good return. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Brooklyn Dodger success

Checked mail this afternoon had Luis Olmo in the mail. Played from 43-51. Added to Ttm database and added card. Really great success. Also got back Orioles fan pack. Nice return. Stickers, cards, info. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
AAGPBL success

Today I got back Dr. Lois Youngen back after 170 days. She played professional baseball for the AAGPBL. She returned my letter with my included questions answered and included a card of hers autographed for me. I added her name to the TTM database. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Been on a roll of late

Today brought back Stan Palys. He signed both index cards and talked about his first at bat against Brooklyn and Clem Labine in 1953. Said he would never forget it and the announcer got his name wrong. Took four pitches and got a walk. 15 days. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
1 in

Yesterday brought back Ray Culp. I had mailed him on April 9th and got back in 8 days. I sent Mr. Culp a 1968 Topps I just got from a recent sale from tsalem. Sig looks good on the card and he did answer my included questions. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
3 more in

Today brought in 3 returns. I first got back Ken McBride on a 1962 Topps and an index card. He was a three time All Star with the Angels. He also answered my questions I included.8 days.
Second I got back Ted Wieand born Franklin D. Roosevelt Wieand. Pretty cool. He only pitched in a few games in '58 and '60, but got the World Series check from the Yankee's in 61 since he was in Spring training and through most of April with them. He signed my index cards and answered my questions as well. 8 days
Last I got back Lance Rautzhan on a 1979 Topps and an index card. He pitched for the Brewers and the Dodgerss for three years in the 70's. he didn't return my questions. Again 8 days. Happy collecting.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
1 email success and ttm

I got back my YA Tittle today!!!! I had emailed him at least 6 months ago and thought for sure I wasn't going to get a response. He sent an 8x10 of him with HOF '71 added. Thought it might be a preprint but it doesn't appear to be when holding it to a light. Very excited about this one.
I also got back Steve Jones on a 1969 Topps. He added 2 additional 4x6 pictures of himself signed as well. He took the time to answer my questions abouth is career.

dadandsoncards

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Negro League Success

I have been trying to get as many of these ball players as I can. These men have such a story to tell that not too many know about. Today brought back Henry Presswood. Mr. Presswood played for 3 years, 2 with Cleveland and one with Kansas City. He signed both index cards and answered my questions about his career. I did send a small donation with my letter. 24 days. I added his name to the TTM list. Happy collecting.