Data Breach Change Password

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just signed on and received a Google Manager Notice that my password to this site is part of a Data Breach and instructed to Change Password.

A quick note on the functionality of Google password manager. Because Google can see/read your password, if that password is part of a breach (EVEN IF THE BREACH OCCURED ON ANOTHER SITE WHERE YOU USE THE SAME PASSWORD), the notification will pop up.
With that being said, it doesn't hurt to manually check if your accounts have been compromised by using a free database like haveibeenpwned.com.
It also doesn't hurt to change your password periodically and use a unique password for every account (often with the use of a password manager or password vault like Keeper, LastPass, etc).

Are u sure about that....My password is superhard! However, to be safe...changed it to another superhard password. Best regards, David
I was neither confirming or denying a breach took place, just notifying the group what I experienced.. no harm in changing you're password David.