deleting old threads from your thread log

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone know what to delete old threads from your thread log? There used to be a button but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I would like the list to just show my active thread. I would think once you click "unwatch" it would disappear but that is not the case.

Thanks!

jaxbraves

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone know what to delete old threads from your thread log? There used to be a button but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I would like the list to just show my active thread. I would think once you click "unwatch" it would disappear but that is not the case.

Thanks!
Send this to Mike121......

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What page are you viewing? If it's the watched threads page, and your watched threads are showing up even after you stop watching them, there might be a bug I need to look at fixing.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am viewing "your threads". I click unwatch but there still showing.

Basically I'm trying to get threads that I've closed to be removed from the list.

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Is it appropriate to delete a thread if it includes posts from other members? Not sure what the protocols are for that. I'll defer to Mike.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
What page are you viewing? If it's the watched threads page, and your watched threads are showing up even after you stop watching them, there might be a bug I need to look at fixing.
If I click on forum then "your threads" multiple pages of old threads show. I want to delete over half of them. There used to be a box next to each thread you could check then a menu to delete all checked items. this option seems to have gone away.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
If you go into the thread, on the right next to "bump" you will see three dots and a down arrow. If you click that down arrow there will be an option to delete the thread. You will be asked to give a reason. Type in the reason and then hit delete and that should work.

Let me know if this works.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
The only options are to edit thread and create poll when clicking on the 3 dots.
If you go into the thread, on the right next to "bump" you will see three dots and a down arrow. If you click that down arrow there will be an option to delete the thread. You will be asked to give a reason. Type in the reason and then hit delete and that should work.

Let me know if this works.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
If I click on forum then "your threads" multiple pages of old threads show. I want to delete over half of them. There used to be a box next to each thread you could check then a menu to delete all checked items. this option seems to have gone away.
I think the old list you're referring to was something different, but I'm not sure which list that might be. The "your threads" is a list of every thread that has been created by you and the only way to remove an item from that list is to completely delete the thread. As far as I'm aware, members have never been able to delete their own threads. Only moderators can delete threads.

jaxbraves

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I think the old list you're referring to was something different, but I'm not sure which list that might be. The "your threads" is a list of every thread that has been created by you and the only way to remove an item from that list is to completely delete the thread. As far as I'm aware, members have never been able to delete their own threads. Only moderators can delete threads.
Mike right now when you click on Find Threads it list all the threads of the trader/member. The ones that we are not watching anymore still show on the list. In the old format we used to be able to remove/delete them. We did not delete them from the site just the list.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Mike right now when you click on Find Threads it list all the threads of the trader/member. The ones that we are not watching anymore still show on the list. In the old format we used to be able to remove/delete them. We did not delete them from the site just the list.
Correct. Now it's a long list of unwanted threads. A bit of a clutter.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member

Correct. Now it's a long list of unwanted threads. A bit of a clutter.
Oh, ok. I'm with you now. What you're looking for, then, is watched threads. You can find that in the navigation Forums -> Watched -> Watched threads. This is a list of threads that you can stop watching, and they'll be removed.

mechjo16

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Oh, ok. I'm with you now. What you're looking for, then, is watched threads. You can find that in the navigation Forums -> Watched -> Watched threads. This is a list of threads that you can stop watching, and they'll be removed.
That helps some. Thanks!

I do wish we could do the same for "your threads" though. It just seems old threads take up ALOT of space. I really have no need to save threads from years past.