discouraged

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
This could be a better trade site in my opinon but I have heard a few people talk about being discouraged an using other sites. I think the more people you have on one trade site the more potential it has for everybody. When you post something on baseball trade/sale. There is so much activity you disappear in no time. You have to be patient and give it some time to be seen by the right members looking for what you post.

You see there is over 8000 members but in the past few months I don't think there has been more then 1000 on regularly. Well this is my opinion again. I want to ask what could be done with the baseball thread? Maybe have one for base cards one for GU's and one for auto's this way less traffic in any one thread. You could go to that specific thread to look for anything specific. Hey I am asking here not trying to change anything. And all that bumping with not take place. Just trying to ask what could make the bench better.
Thank you
Tankp

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
If there is a thing that discourages me is the people that have used other sites taking their bad habits back here, like not posting specific wants and non-existant trade links, relying on poorly stocked and marked PhotoBuckets. People were supposed to use the "Check My Bucket" forum for such blind appeals, but there has been a huge bleedover to the "For Trade/Sale" forums. I don't see breaking things up further is going to help one bit.

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Communication is a big thing with me and I always make sure I check my subscriptions in my email to keep track of threads I need to reply to but sadly not everyone on other sites don't feel the same way. On here it's not as bad but on other sites (one other major site in particular) it seems to happen constantly. Consider me a prude,prick or whatever but I consider those types of people bad traders based on their lack of simple trading etiquette and make it a point not to deal with them after that.

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
I think the major thing that we have over some of those other trade sites is the quality of our traders. We're all here for our hobby and everyone is trying to get deals done. Yes, the trade/sell forum has a lot of activity, but just imagine what it would be like with another 7000 traders who would post and then disappear for a month. Our traders are very dedicated to this site and most are very good about keeping track of thier threads. I do see a recent increase in people trying to sell stuff, sometimes just lots of commons, just to make a buck. I think this is a result of the economy and tough times lately. I also see a lot of older stuff getting moved lately, as there just isn't too much new stuff anymore. It's just not like it was in 2005 with the variety.

Tank, I understand where you are coming from, but be careful what you wish for.

Thanks,

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
Wow there are a lot of deep comments here and very much appreciated. The level of passion and devotion to your cards is evident. But as life moves forward things change. Hence my thought on the thread maybe having a chance to evolve with the paths of life. If it happens good if not it stirred some thought. I know sometimes these thoughts creep in and feel a need to share them. But I see I am not alone. Thank you.
Tankp