Do I have to send first as a seller in a buy/sell transaction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfacujackcat

Prospect
I'm new here, although I have tons of selling experience on eBay, Blowout, Beckett, Net54 and other sites. However, I've got a Must Send First label. And I understand if I'm doing a trade, I'd need to send first. But is that the case in a buy/sell transaction where I'm the seller? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So I could send the cards to the buyer, and he could block me and never pay or claim he never got them and get to keep the cards for free. Something doesn't sound right. Please help me. Thanks.

The rules are on the bottom right side under The Bench...Terms and Rules. Sorry, those with the MUST SEND FIRST must send first even if your the seller. Best regards, David

David is correct. Allowing traders with a Mist Send First tag to sell at all is relatively recent. It would seem prudent to sell to well established traders until the MSF tag is removed.

I looked at some of the cards you were looking to trade or sell. They were high end from what I saw so most members would need you to send first. If you had lower value items, I'd personally have no problem mailing at the same time as you but the high dollar cards would mmake me too leery to do that. I've dealt tons of times with MSF members and almost always mailed as the same time as them but we were not dealing in higher end vintage in thoe cases.

BTW I loved that 1969 Topps 4 in 1 Brian Piccolo graded card of yours. I think it was an SGC 8,5 if memory serves, That was a NICE item!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. This was a $5 lot of cards, and it's a buy/sell where I'm the seller. It's not a trade. It wasn't too high end. $5 for 600 cards if pretty low end, lol. So I guess I'll just have to take the chance and not get any money for them. Even with my feedback elsewhere, I thought I'd be okay. But I guess feedback from other places doesn't transfer. Wish I'd have known. I would've bought some small cards where I sent payment. I didn't realize you had to get 10 feedback, even though I have thousands elsewhere, before you weren't forced to ship first.

I looked at some of the cards you were looking to trade or sell. They were high end from what I saw so most members would need you to send first. If you had lower value items, I'd personally have no problem mailing at the same time as you but the high dollar cards would mmake me too leery to do that. I've dealt tons of times with MSF members and almost always mailed as the same time as them but we were not dealing in higher end vintage in thoe cases.

BTW I loved that 1969 Topps 4 in 1 Brian Piccolo graded card of yours. I think it was an SGC 8,5 if memory serves, That was a NICE item!

I'm new here, although I have tons of selling experience on eBay, Blowout, Beckett, Net54 and other sites. However, I've got a Must Send First label. And I understand if I'm doing a trade, I'd need to send first. But is that the case in a buy/sell transaction where I'm the seller? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So I could send the cards to the buyer, and he could block me and never pay or claim he never got them and get to keep the cards for free. Something doesn't sound right. Please help me. Thanks.
If a trader did as you suggest, block you and keep the cards for free, he or she would be quickly banned by the staff. I think in my 4 years here, 2 traders got banned, and I'm pretty sure both of them were send first members.

If a trader did as you suggest, block you and keep the cards for free, he or she would be quickly banned by the staff. I think in my 4 years here, 2 traders got banned, and I'm pretty sure both of them were send first members.
Agreed. This is a pretty solid community. It’s pretty safe to work with anyone on here that is established.

Welcome and Happy Trading!

I believe that rule was suspended. But wait for a staff member to confirm.
Is the rule to have transactions with 20 different members before selling still apply?

It has been suspended. Decision was made to allow new members to sell. As always buying from a non-established member is at your own risk. Make sure it is through the Trade Manager and make sure to use something like Paypal Goods & Services so you have recourse in case it goes south.