Do you think Acuna is overrated?

Is Ronald Acuna Jr. overrated?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Absolutely overrated - and anyone in any of my fantasy baseball leagues should definitely pass on him. No need to waste a 1st round pick on him.
I mean I am not personally a big fan of him. he is very talented, but I personally think he is
overrated. But that is just my opinion.

I mean I am not personally a big fan of him. he is very talented, but I personally think he is
overrated. But that is just my opinion.

Everyone has an opinion, that is what is great about them.

When a question like this is asked, my immediate thought is - if I were starting an expansion franchise and the entirety of MLB players were open to selection, who would I take first. And Acuna is in my top 5 without even thinking about it.

No way he is overrated. Led the NL in offensive WAR, a game more than Mookie. Second in avg only to Luis Arraez. .416 on base percentage. 217 hits. Leads the league in those. And then the whole 73 stolen bases and 41 homers thing. 1.012 OPS. Dude is disgusting.

I can understand how you feel that way as a Phillies fan, but the guy deserves every single bit of praise he gets. He had a generationally good season last year.

Now, as a Braves fan myself, I do wonder where he goes from here, and it will be interesting to see what level he is able to maintain over the course of his career. And I'd love it if he can bring that into the post season, which was definitely underwhelming last year, but boy was he fun to watch.

No way he is overrated. Led the NL in offensive WAR, a game more than Mookie. Second in avg only to Luis Arraez. .416 on base percentage. 217 hits. Leads the league in those. And then the whole 73 stolen bases and 41 homers thing. 1.012 OPS. Dude is disgusting.

I can understand how you feel that way as a Phillies fan, but the guy deserves every single bit of praise he gets. He had a generationally good season last year.

Now, as a Braves fan myself, I do wonder where he goes from here, and it will be interesting to see what level he is able to maintain over the course of his career. And I'd love it if he can bring that into the post season, which was definitely underwhelming last year, but boy was he fun to watch.
Yeah I do not understand wht the Braves have been doing in the postseason. All their players
slow down and everyone can hit their pitchers. Althoug I would like to credit the phillies hitting
talent for that part. I think they just turner it on and decided that they were going to winit then
and there!

Yeah, I mean the Braves and Dodgers have consistently shown that winning the most games in the regular season doesn't mean much in the modern post-season. Heck, in '21 they only won 88 games, had no Acuna because of injury, and I was singing to high heaven praises of Eddie Rosario's heroics in the NLCS. Baseball is a dang fun game.

Yeah, I mean the Braves and Dodgers have consistently shown that winning the most games in the regular season doesn't mean much in the modern post-season. Heck, in '21 they only won 88 games, had no Acuna because of injury, and I was singing to high heaven praises of Eddie Rosario's heroics in the NLCS. Baseball is a dang fun game.
Amen!