Does the no-hitter make this card more desirable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2009 UD Starquest (Gold Rare) Johan Santana SQ-16

Open dialogue on this...I'm curious what happens to certain cards after a guy notches a no-hitter into his belt??

I've tried to trade this card many times, are my chances better now?

Sometimes there is added interest in a players cards after something significant happens (special achievement, record broken, trade to a popular team, death, etc). I wouldn't count on a strong interest allowing someone to completely purge their trade boxes of previously unwanted stuff, but there could be a surge of interest that gets you a few deals or more money than you expected for something. Usually this is brief and the interest settles back to where it was before the event though.

Sometimes rare cards just have a ridiculous value assigned to them as well, due to the scarcity. That hurts your chances of trading it, because most people are going to want the "assigned" value in trade, but it may just not be worth the premium. I don't know if this is the case with this card though. What is the BV?

No, really only makes his RC's & autos more desirable in my opinion. I know that card is listed as "Gold Rare" but there is nothing rare about it. It is a $4 insert and really doesn't have any value unless you are collecting that set or that player.

Back