Ebay bidding question

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Once again one of my fellow ebayers did something that totally baffles me. I put up my 06 sterling Clemente box with a starting bid of $250. Someone emails me asking what I would take to end the auction and sell to them. I replied that since I had never even seen one offered for sale I didn't know but to make an offer and I'd consider it. Here's the baffling part........They email me back their offer, $250. What ????? Why would someone do that ? If they were willing to pay that why not simply put in an opening bid ? What am I missing ? Anyone have any idea ? Or is this just an example of someone doing something goofy.

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
Apparently he was willing to go $250.00 for the card. If he bid on it someone else might bid higher.

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
ya may wanna change the spellling in your auction ... you have Robert'e' ... instead of Robert'o' ... will come up in more searches ... good luck with the auction! - erik

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
ya may wanna change the spellling in your auction ... you have Robert'e' ... instead of Robert'o' ... will come up in more searches ... good luck with the auction! - erik

THANKS ERIK !!

If I have a typo in the title frequently I just leave it alone for the mispelled seekers to think they might get a steal but not on this one.

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
One more possibility, sometimes people will follow the bidding of a person who bids on things they do, so they can compete for the same items. Yet one last possibilty is that a person's buying through their eBay account may be subject to scrutiny by the spouse, maybe wants to keep the $250 off the books!