Ebay Bucks

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Anyone sign up for this?

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html

I don't get why ebay is just giving away money. There is nothing to do but click on the button and you are enrolled in the program. 2% back on purchases, you get a certificate every 3 months towards future ebay purchases. I don't do much ebaying lately but I'll take something for nothing.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
Naturally, it's to encourage people to buy more. 2% is nothing for them. They're making a few cents less per auction. Big deal when they get a listing fee, sale fee, and paypal fee all on the same auction. They can afford to give you $0.10 back. They still have no serious competition.

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
I've been doing ebay bucks since it came out and I have made about $40. Not too bad for doing nothing!

Jeremy

Same here, and I have collected and spent about the same amount! The first time I ever used them was around Christmas. I had collected some but never really paid attention. Then one day, I bought a card for $15 +$2 shipping. I went to pay for my card, and they told me that I owed $.24! I kept rechecking, then I realized they were just taking the ebay Bucks certificate off of the total!

Only $17, but it felt like my best purchase ever!:D

Tim

valediction

5.00 star(s)
Anyone sign up for this?

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html

I don't get why ebay is just giving away money. There is nothing to do but click on the button and you are enrolled in the program. 2% back on purchases, you get a certificate every 3 months towards future ebay purchases. I don't do much ebaying lately but I'll take something for nothing.

Because it gets them more money in the long run. Just like any of the 'perks' cards from any number of gas stations, health clubs, coffee shops, auto parts stores...If you fill up your car and you see you're one 20 oz Mt Dew away from a free one, you tend to buy it. Or one hot dog away from 1,000 bonus points, even if you're not hungry, you'll be 1000 points closer to a $10 gas card. Same with ebay. If I can get Joe Mauer cards cheaper there than at the local shows AND I get 2% back, why wouldn't I use ebay more?

opcfan

5.00 star(s)
I do it as well. It doesn't cost anything and it doesn't influence my purchases so, I have nothing to lose.

chaplain11

5.00 star(s)
This is a little frightening to say but I have earned over $250 ebay bucks!!! As a VIP member I sometimes get 3-5% back over a certain weekend or from a specific seller. Those are the times I try to get the higher priced items.

Dewayne

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
I signed up when it started as well. My purchases have been small, but anything is better than nothing.

I also made a large purchase a couple of months ago with Bill Me Later (through Paypal) where if you signed up, they'd give you 10% off of your first purchase. I saved $84 and paid it off when the bill came, so that saved me a ton!

Todd

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Just remember, when ebay "gives" a buyer something they TAKE it from the seller.

I don't like the ebay bucks program at all !