Ebay seller allhopeisgone1980 selling fake autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bumping an old thread again.

Just letting you guys know that this **** bag has changed his eBay name yet again. His current ID is "werethesidewalkended99." Looks like he couldn't even spell "where" right.

Just now noticed that he is still using a second account as well. The ID for that one is "wherethewildthingsare12899." At least he spelled "where" right on that one.

The "allhopeisgone1980" ID now shows up as no longer registered.

Lovely to see after all this time and after all the complaints (with evidence etc etc) that eBay still does absolutely nothing about this type of stuff. As long as eBay is getting their money, they will never care...but I guess we all know that.

Hope this thread continues to help others out there.

Bumping an old thread again.

Just letting you guys know that this **** bag has changed his eBay name yet again. His current ID is "werethesidewalkended99." Looks like he couldn't even spell "where" right.

Just now noticed that he is still using a second account as well. The ID for that one is "wherethewildthingsare12899." At least he spelled "where" right on that one.

The "allhopeisgone1980" ID now shows up as no longer registered.

Lovely to see after all this time and after all the complaints (with evidence etc etc) that eBay still does absolutely nothing about this type of stuff. As long as eBay is getting their money, they will never care...but I guess we all know that.

Hope this thread continues to help others out there.

Why do you say that's the same guy? I see nothing in their items for sale list that looks like what the other guy was doing...

Why do you say that's the same guy? I see nothing in their items for sale list that looks like what the other guy was doing...

I think there are several similarities in the specific item descriptions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-BOWMAN...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c606df5de#ht_500wt_1413

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-JD-DRE...ultDomain_0&hash=item19c9f6d94c#ht_731wt_1396

Item location - both still spell where as "were"

Shipping to the 50 States of the USA or 50 states of the United States (Seriously, who talks like that)

Not that I think butchering the English language isn't rampant in alot of listings, but these share similar bad spelling and phrasing. Kind of feels like I'm reading the same author.

Finally, the card pics look like photos to me, not scans (just a guess) and if they are, I'd bet the gray background is the same desk, table or whatever they were placed on.

Of course, I could be wrong :p

I agree with sgbt4. Looks the same to me as well. Plus when I read his stuff I instantly wanted to stomp his head. Felt the same way when I read the other screen names. What a d-bag.

its the same clown..He was selling used car parts on one of his other old names.Also you can tell it's him by the fake music autographs he sells that is all ways signed in grey ink..You can also look through his feedback and see a bunch of private sells and i bet all of those are fakes of some sort or another.

$75 bucks for a JD Drew auto?!?:eek: :p
I don't know what is worse: the fakes, or his prices.
J.D. Boooooo

I think there are several similarities in the specific item descriptions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-BOWMAN...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c606df5de#ht_500wt_1413

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-JD-DRE...ultDomain_0&hash=item19c9f6d94c#ht_731wt_1396

Item location - both still spell where as "were"

Shipping to the 50 States of the USA or 50 states of the United States (Seriously, who talks like that)

Not that I think butchering the English language isn't rampant in alot of listings, but these share similar bad spelling and phrasing. Kind of feels like I'm reading the same author.

Finally, the card pics look like photos to me, not scans (just a guess) and if they are, I'd bet the gray background is the same desk, table or whatever they were placed on.

Of course, I could be wrong :p

I questioned the seller about the above card and here is what he wrote:

"Its an ERROR card. Not a blank back like the black border cards are. Topps made them that way. In the same hobby box a Flora mini plant sp was also pulled and half of the front of the card was ripped off. This is a manufacturing issue by far. I did not pull this myself but was there when it was pulled. Just threw it up to see if some buyers like error cards as I paid $20 for it a few months ago as I like rare Ginter error cards as I will be posting the Flora card after. We are a high power seller w/ 100% positive feedback. All our auctions are cards that are FRESH pack pulled and not reprinted duplicated or forged in any way. That is against the law. We take pride in our auctions with full trust in every buyer and seller until we get screwed over which has been a few times in the past "it sucks" even with graded PSA cards, imagine that right but all sellers who do that are reported and blocked.
Myself also a few months ago when I purchased a case of 2011 Ginter also pulled a mini Manny P. black back that looked the same as this. I also pulled a 1/1 wood mini blank card wood style blank on front and back with the 1/1 on it. We also purchased a Roy Halladay mini blank back on eBay that was also the same as this card and the Manny P. They are out there and are rare. Its just an error manufacturing issue so if one of the machines did not put on the back or tore it off during production or what have it, I do not know. This is the way the card was pulled from its pack that is all we know. Thank you and as always stay safe:) JP+GD"

Seems like he is questioned an awful lot about his auctions...

Someone should ask him which Pujols "Autographs" were in the cases that the Yunel Escobar and Daryl Boston Autographs originally came in (he has each of those Autos up right now - both come originally sealed by Topps).

Tim