eBay shipping problem

zlw1

5.00 star(s)
Got a question for you all, just trying to get opinions here.
I purchased a Baseball Card from a seller in the mid-west.
Shipping was $5.95 for priority mail delivery, which is reasonable for priority mail since it's about $5 either way.
I received a package Saturday with a 1oz paid First Class Bubble Mailer for $1.22. Seller replied to my message stating the card would get here either way within 2 days, and it did, but I asked for like a $3 refund since I wouldn't charge anymore than $2.50/2.75 for padded mailer 1/2oz delivery, and now the seller won't respond..
What should I do here? The seller also stated things like "cost for time, supplies, handling, etc.." while eBay's policy states that the only thing involved in the cost of the shipping should be the cost of mailing and supplies and everything else is invalid.
?? Any ideas here would be awesome!
Thanks
Zac

Brettfan

5.00 star(s)
Zac,

This is a tough one. I would be ticked off if I paid for priority shipping and didn't get it (they probably weren't happy with the selling price and wanted to make a little off of the shipping fee). I'd almost treat this as "item not as described" and do like you did and ask for a partial refund. Don't know if you'd get anywhere with Ebay on this since you received the card. As far as feedback goes, if you don't receive a refund I'd consider leaving neutral feedback.

I hate when Ebay sellers put you in this position. Shame on them for not shipping the way that they advertised.

Good Luck and Take Care,
Melissa

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
I would just let it go....You paid what you wanted for the card (including the shipping)...if you received the card as described and it is not damaged, then just let it go....could end up just causing more problems for you and wasted time. Not everbody has the same thought process about things...was it right in what the seller did? NO.....is it worth the hassle of 3 bucks? not to me....
just my opinion :D

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Why not leave negative feedback with a disclaimer stating that you paid for priority shipping and did not receive it.

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
Why not leave negative feedback with a disclaimer stating that you paid for priority shipping and did not receive it.
I agree with you. It would be different if the seller listed the item as free shipping and stated priority but came first class.

I am getting really annoyed with sellers, on ebay, feeling that just because the sale is online that somehow the service can be garbage.

Thanks,

Frank

baberuth#3

5.00 star(s)
As a seller, I always make sure to send partial refund for shipping if costs are less than expected. I think a negative feedback is the right thing to do if he does not refund you.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
I'm with Jeff, the auction stated "Priority mail" and you paid extra shipping for that method. The seller shipped a different, less expensive way so either a partial refund or a negative, his/her choice. Bottom line is, the seller should not advertise and charge for Priority if they aren't going to ship that way.

timtomadp301

5.00 star(s)
In my opinion I would leave a neutral because you did receive the item, but they jerked you around on the shipping.

I would take it out on the star sub-ratings. In the end they will end up paying more for final value fees if they have lower star ratings and by doing something like this, it will come back to bite them.

Just my thoughts
Dan

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
Oh the life of a card collector. Could sound like a darn soap opera hahahahahahahaha

CYmarlins

5.00 star(s)
I would ask for a partial refund if he starts giving you a difficult time then just leave a negative.

zlw1

5.00 star(s)
So I tried again to get a partial refund and no response.. after another week.
Should I leave a neutral or negative?
Leaning toward neutral since I did receive the card.

The Quarter Box

5.00 star(s)
You did not receive what you paid for, priority shipping. You contacted the seller, and received no help form them. Really no option but to leave a negative. Had the partial refund been granted, a neutral would have been called for. And had he shipped Priority in the first place, a positive would have been earned.

---Frank

DaNotoriousNIC

4.90 star(s)
To me you bought the card and had no problem paying that price, still got your cards in the 2 days you were suppose to, seems like a smooth transaction to me. When I buy something on ebay I factor is the shipping cost on if its worth it to buy, you knew what he was charging, you got everything on time and as stated. I wouldn't ask for a refund but that's just me.

redbird4

5.00 star(s)
To me you bought the card and had no problem paying that price, still got your cards in the 2 days you were suppose to, seems like a smooth transaction to me. When I buy something on ebay I factor is the shipping cost on if its worth it to buy, you knew what he was charging, you got everything on time and as stated. I wouldn't ask for a refund but that's just me.
I agree. If the card was worth it to you to begin with, why not let it go? Is the seller right to charge this way? No. But it's $3.00, not $300. Before you leave a neg or a neutral ask yourself this question: Would you be willing to leave a neg or neutral if the seller was able to do the same to you?

Just something to consider.

Sponsors