Everyone wins again in 4th Shocks & Saves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tigsfan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
First off here's a Reader's Digest article of what this whole thing is about.

http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ssf/2011/01/big_crowd_turns_out_for_4th_an.html

During a NHL game in 2005, D Jiri Fischer collapsed during the Red Wings game after going into cardiac arrest on his team’s bench. That was the last time Jiri would ever play professional hockey again. Since then, he’s been working to raise money to support heart disease awareness. This is the one time a year that Jiri takes to the ice for the event. The Shocks and Saves game is put on by the MCVI Foundation and Fischer’s Healthy Hope foundation.

I have not heard of an official dollar total for this year, but I'm going to make the assumption that the $39,000 total from 2010 would be a good estimate for what was raised again this year. The game was very even, with the game actually ended tied at 7 all! The first time ever, so the four NHL personalities went to the shootout. Larry Murphy, the one who scored the tying goal for the Saves, was the only player to score during the shootout giving team Saves another win!

Larry Murphy 0/3 - signed before I got then and very little after that (the snowstorm Fri night/Sat morning slowed me down a little bit)
Dave Lewis 0/0 - had signed but didn't need anything from the coach/player

Joe Kocur 1/4 - was signing one per person for everybody. He was living up to his name by pulling some shenanigans during the game (mostly throwing stuff during penalty shots he caused in the first place)
JoeKocur.jpg

Jiri Fischer 2/2 - as always he signs anything and everything during the event. I will be taking items again for him next year for a limited amount of people
JiriFischer.jpg

JiriFischer2.jpg