Excluded forums not working

chief wahoo

5.00 star(s)
Mike -- I seem to recall this was brought up recently, but I can't find the thread ...

When I click on New Posts, I'm seeing threads come up from forums I have excluded in my profile settings (e.g., basketball, hockey, etc.). This was working ok before, so I'm not sure what has changed. It's not a huge deal but thought I'd mention it.

Scott

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Mike -- I seem to recall this was brought up recently, but I can't find the thread ...

When I click on New Posts, I'm seeing threads come up from forums I have excluded in my profile settings (e.g., basketball, hockey, etc.). This was working ok before, so I'm not sure what has changed. It's not a huge deal but thought I'd mention it.

Scott

I do recall this one but, somehow, I didn't get it added to my list. I'll probably be able to look at it at some point today. Thanks for the reminder!

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I'm thinking this should be working again. Please let me know.

Mike, Excluded Forums are working. I verified this by examining the new posts results. I don't recall if excluded forums is
used any where else. Did You see any thing Mike? One other thing about excluded forum, If your excluding all the trading forums and only viewing the social forums there is not enough room in the field in the settings to enter that many 3 digit numbers. Thanks.

Dave

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)
I can't figure out how to exclude forums anymore, and I know I had basketball and football blocked at one time. When I try, it says something about Forum Settings, or something, but I can't find that.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
When you go into a thread, you have thread tools as with every thread, but use the button to be found there to exclude forums. I've done it the other way using the 3 digit codes so I think both work.

Rabs

5.00 star(s)
When you go into a thread, you have thread tools as with every thread, but use the button to be found there to exclude forums. I've done it the other way using the 3 digit codes so I think both work.

Clicking Thread Tools only gives me these options:

Show printable version
Email page
Unsubscribe to thread

I also have no idea what 3 digit codes you are referring to. In the exclude forums box in Settings I typed the name of each forum I wanted to exclude separated by commas but that didn’t work.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Clicking Thread Tools only gives me these options:

Show printable version
Email page
Unsubscribe to thread

I also have no idea what 3 digit codes you are referring to. In the exclude forums box in Settings I typed the name of each forum I wanted to exclude separated by commas but that didn’t work.

Each forum has a 3 digit number, but I forgot how to find it. But the name of the forum never worked. There was a sticky on excluded forums but I can't find that either.

EDIT: The number can be a 1, 2, or 3 digit number. The first number in my excluded forum is 3.

Last edited:

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
OK I found the numeric code which each forum has there own number. Click on Forums. Move your pointer to any forum name. For example if you hover over Welcome to the Bench without clicking then look in the address bar at the bottom of the screen. The path has a number in it. That is the number to put in excluded forums. And I think a comma between numbers (this is in the edit profile) will allow you to put in multiple numbers. In my setup I notice that there are no spaces between comma. 2,3,4 example only

Last edited:

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm going to try to get this fixed, but in the meantime y'all should know that the dropdown you're looking for isn't the Thread Tools dropdown. You can't exclude individual threads. You need the Forum Tools dropdown, which is only visible if you're viewing the list of threads.

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)
OK I found the numeric code which each forum has there own number. Click on Forums. Move your pointer to any forum name. For example if you hover over Welcome to the Bench without clicking then look in the address bar at the bottom of the screen. The path has a number in it. That is the number to put in excluded forums. And I think a comma between numbers (this is in the edit profile) will allow you to put in multiple numbers. In my setup I notice that there are no spaces between comma. 2,3,4 example only

Using this explanation, I was able to get it to work. At least, I assume it's working. :)

Rabs

5.00 star(s)

I think this worked, thank you for the explanation!

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
I'm very dumb when it comes to computer stuff. Can someone explain to me in very child like wording how to remove threads from forums I don't follow. I read the above instructions and maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. I followed the link above, but I didn't see an area for me to even add blocked forums. I'd like to not have Football, Hockey and Non-Sport Threads pop up when I click on "New Posts". Sorry if this seems really simple to you guys, but again, I'm not good at computers.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I'm very dumb when it comes to computer stuff. Can someone explain to me in very child like wording how to remove threads from forums I don't follow. I read the above instructions and maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. I'd like to not have Football, Hockey and Non-Sport Threads pop up when I click on "New Posts". Sorry if this seems really simple to you guys, but again, I'm not good at computers.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this working since the upgrade. I'm hoping to find a workable solution soon, but there are more pressing issues to get fixed first.