Explain Your User Name To Us (Just For Fun!)

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
This may have been done here at one point or another, but I don't remember it seeing anywhere. Please let us know what your user name means or where it came from! This should be something fun and interesting!
(It will also help us learn a little about our members!)

Thanks
Craig

I'll go first..........

Loyalty - Loyalty is VERY important to me in my life. To be honest, it is something that has avoided me at times. I actually have "Loyalty" tatted on my right forearm.

32 - Back in the day when pagers were popular that was my code so people knew it was me when I was paging them

There you have it: Loyalty32

Last edited:

caribbeankid92

5.00 star(s)
I was thinking about making a post like this :).

Caribbean:I had just came back from a cruise and was missing the nice warm weather of the Caribbean and thought it sounded cool.

Kid:Well I am...:).

92: I was born in 1992.

Ben

soxfan2004

4.90 star(s)
actually, I think this was posted before but its a cool topic so I dont mind explaining again-

soxfan- I'm a Red Sox (not White Sox) fan

2004- "Foulke... underhands to first... and the Boston Red Sox... are the World Champions!" - still gives me goosebumps

there you go :)
Mason

whitesoxfan

4.90 star(s)
i think mine pretty much speaks for itself whitesoxfan. Always been my favorite sports team of all time, living 30 minutes from the stadium and have been to about 100 games the last 3 years alone

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
The short version is I dealt with a guy on Beckett back around 96-97 with this handle. I liked it, so I used it when I registered for ebay (especially since I like the old 60s/70s Mopar muscle cars). Later on, I found out the original Beckett user was no longer registered, so I took it there as well. Now I use it everywhere I need an ID if it's still available.

Ironically, cards are my #1 passion, yet I have a car related handle. Cards are more affordable than cars though.

packbypack

4.90 star(s)
packbypack
I used to always buy my cards one pack at a time instead of being smart and buying boxes so my username is derived from the fact that I used to (and still sometimes do) buy my cards pack by pack.

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
fatboycards
At one point i weigh 330 lbs down now to 270.Still fat but working on it .lol

i am very proud of you randy
that is a great job and hope you get down even more to about 220 lbs
i was in the same boat after all my knee operations and weighed 320lbs now i am down to 235 and going for 200 or 210
keep up the good work randy
chief

mrhaverkamp

5.00 star(s)
When not collecting cards and toiling in the corporate world, I enjoy a round of golf. While many sports fans can usually quote lines from the film "Caddyshack", only true connossieurs can relate to the more obscure references; like my Bench handle. It's the name of the elderly gentleman who tells his wife, "that's a peach, hon" after a non-descript golf shot. I named my yahoo fantasy golf team (in a league organized by a Bench member), "Woo I'm hot today", from another line that the character exclaims in the film. -- Jim

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Of course, weight goes with height as well. I could stand to lose a few pounds myself at 290, but I am 6'5" too. Fresh out of bootcamp I weighed in at 205 (my lightest adult weight) and I looked like a pole!!

mj23bullsfan

4.90 star(s)
well, like most of you all on here, my username derives from:

mj = Michael Jordan (huge fan of him, also my main personal collection)

23 = MJ's number, plus i've got two daughters both born on the 3rd day of their birth month (and now i can say my grandson was born on the 2nd day of his birth month) plus Ryno's retired number, plus Hester's number

bullsfan = i've been a huge Bulls fan since mid 70's, loved the A-Train, and Stormin Norman and the Human Ball Hog Reggie Theus, lol. and then, wooooooo hooooooooo, we drafted Sam Bowie, ......... oh wait, that was the team before us, lol, meant to say Michael Jordan :cool:

keeprolen

4.90 star(s)
My Username revolves around me being a Phillies Fan. I joined this card site (second one i ever joined, joined scf first, glad i call this one home) When Scott Rolen had turned down our contract extension and was traded to STL. I liked rolen so my screen name was keep rolen, which could also be though of as keep rollin', as in keep going with trades and other such activities. Anyhow a few years later im glad we didnt "keep Rolen" because we Signed Jim Thome which was ultimately the turn around of the franchise to at least be competetive.

Looks like after this year ill be changeing my SN to KeepRowand ;)

bzickefoose1

4.90 star(s)
Good topic! Sadly my answer is not as interesting. I wasn't planning on using this site as much as I do, so I registered using my college user name.

It continues to haunt me.

Doc Dave

5.00 star(s)
Mine's pretty boring: I'm a history professor named David. Doc Dave. BUT the "Doc" part was also a grade school nickname (stemming from having the first initials of M.D.), and "Doc" has something of a baseball heritage.

I wonder if "Luscious Lola" wouldn't have gotten me more trades, though....

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I'm really enjoying this thread folks! Let's keep it going!

chieftazmisty - Did you forget to explain yours on purpose?

Thanks
Craig

Taliasen

5.00 star(s)
Taliasen - A character name from a Steven R. Lawhead Trilogy. Depending on which Arthurian legend you believe, Taliasen was either Merlin's father, or another teacher to Arthur who worked under the direction of Merlin.
Tim

The real challange is for someone to figure out what the characters in my sig are/mean! :D

Last edited:

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
I just hit me one day and I thought it was a fun play of words since my name is Ed.

Randy, hang in there. I've rebounded some too. It's a battle everyday.

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
Well, compared to everyone, mine is pretty boring. First name initial and first part of my last name. 702 is a random number that I found when I set up my Yahoo mail account. I used this SN on every site that I signed up for to keep it easy.

Great thread and still waiting for your story chief.