Facebook Trading Groups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

for me they are much like here, there are traders and there are sellers. my biggest caution is that i see much more complaints of shady sellers on the facebook pages.

What have been your experiences, if any, with Facebook trading groups? Your feedback is appreciated.
Thank you.
Frank
I'm in about 7 of them and like every group. Get to know people and as someone said above just know who you are dealing with. If trading, don't be afraid to ask for vouches on a person and if buying always use "goods & services" unless you do know the person.

So, here's my update:
I have made several trades through FB groups. I have found them to be great! It is a bit awkward (at least for me) since everyone does everything through PMs, including sending lists etc. That makes it tough (again, at least for me) to create lists of what I am getting. That being said, I have found the people there fantastic to deal with and much more responsive than on The Bench, at least for what I have been looking to trade and trade for. They seem to me much easier to deal with and are not always tied to BV. I have had a lot of success so far and, unfortunately, The Bench has become an afterthought for trying to trade.

So, here's my update:
I have made several trades through FB groups. I have found them to be great! It is a bit awkward (at least for me) since everyone does everything through PMs, including sending lists etc. That makes it tough (again, at least for me) to create lists of what I am getting. That being said, I have found the people there fantastic to deal with and much more responsive than on The Bench, at least for what I have been looking to trade and trade for. They seem to me much easier to deal with and are not always tied to BV. I have had a lot of success so far and, unfortunately, The Bench has become an afterthought for trying to trade.
I agree that the responsiveness, partly due to PM, on Facebook is much better. It’s quicker to hash out a deal and in some cases realize there is no deal. I will say that if you can find a Bench member online you can always use the chat feature to do the same thing, but it seems to be tough at times. I find that a nice mix of traditional forums and the social media platforms is the best way to go for me.

My brother is on several vintage Facebook groups as primarily a seller and is doing impressive business. He has not run into any problems on those sites in the year plus he has been selling on them.

I have not had any problems. I have traded for more cards via FB in the past four months than I have in more than 18 years here. Not a criticism, so I am not looking for any push back; just a factual observation.

Hey Boots, question for you if you dont mind....Are the trades more PWE or bubble mailer deals, I am more trying to ask is it just a few cards every time or bigger deals?

I was looking at starting one for raffles etc. Would need a couple moderators to get on board.