Favorite Music Genre/Song/Artists(s)?

baberuth#3

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hey traders,
For this one thread Im going to talk about something other than sports cards, but instead another interest of mine, music. I don't know if there has been a thread similar to this before, but I just wanted to share and have others share their favorite music genre, song, and artist(s) to listen to. Here are mine.

Favorite Music Genre: Rock (Anything from 80s to now, some 70s)

Favorite Bands/Artists: Journey, Skid Row, Ozzy Osbourne, Three Days Grace, Theory of A Deadman, Slade, Queen, ACDC, Kiss, Skillet, Poison, Cinderella, Mudvayne, Bullet For My Valentine, Nonpoint, Metallica, Motley Crue, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, Five Finger Death Punch, Good Charlotte (Just to name a few :) )

Favorite Song: This changes very often for me but right now it has to be "Your Betrayal" by Bullet For My Valentine

Let me hear your comments and favorites!

Last edited:

otgoal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I like anything from Glenn Miller to Def Leppard.
Sometimes it depends on my mood. I don't like all of any genre, nor do I dislike all of one kind.
Pretty much, if it's good, I like it.
Some of my favorite bands/performers:

Queen, The Moody Blues, The Corrs, Eagles, Frank Sinatra, Bee-Gees, B52's, Rush, Michael Buble, ELO, Boston.

Myerburg311

MVP
4.90 star(s)
Favorite
Music Genre: I guess you would call it Alternative

Bands: Sublime Slightly Stoopid 311 Pepper Rage Dirty Heads Rebelution Alice in Chains The Mars Volta

Song: right now it would be a three way tie
Closer to the Sun - Slightly Stoopid
Get Out! - Sublime
All You Need - Sublime

Just got a new tattoo of Sublime's Everything Under the Sun.. Going to get it filled in with color when my Strasburg auto ends :D

mintman2

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I like anything from Glenn Miller to Def Leppard.
Sometimes it depends on my mood. I don't like all of any genre, nor do I dislike all of one kind.
Pretty much, if it's good, I like it.
Some of my favorite bands/performers:

Queen, The Moody Blues, The Corrs, Eagles, Frank Sinatra, Bee-Gees, B52's, Rush, Michael Buble, ELO, Boston.

DITTO !!

Right now "turn the page"? "on the road again"? is on. 15 minutes from now it could be Tommy Dorsey or The B-52's

baberuth#3

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
otgoal & Mintman- Definitely like Def Leppard and Queen as well, great bands. "Pour Some Sugar On Me" is still at the top of the rock charts everywhere. "Turn the page" is a great song as well.

Myerburg- I like Alice In Chains as well, their newest album was great, really like "Check My Brain". Good luck on your Strasburg auto and on your tat.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Metal! Tend to lean towards black, death and pagan metal for the most part.

Some bands I enjoy--Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, Vintersorg, Suffocation, Amon Amarth, Slayer, Vader, Finntroll, Behemoth, Nile and so many more really.

Fatboycards

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Same as most I can do most any music it depends what I m listening to.
My Favorite all time group is --CHICAGO
2nd probably would be The Temptations or 4Tops (Levi Stubbs now there was a voice)
But I can do Bluegrass to some metal. Like alot of 70S AND 80S R &B

dankir96

MVP
4.90 star(s)
Good topic. Below are my favorites....

1st Favorite Genre: Country
Favorite Singer Retired: Garth Brooks
Favorite Singer Current: Kenny Chesney

2nd Favorite Genre: Rock
Favorite Singer/Band Retired: Van Halen
Favorite Singer/Band Current: AC/DC

Last edited:

DaClyde

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'd have to say blues is my favorite genre, but like many others, I'm up for nearly anything from T-Bone Walker to the Insane Clown Posse to Korpiklaani (thanks, Meliah!) to Funkadelic to the Monkees. I really got into the Black Keys and Dan Auerbach lately. Can't really stomach any country music produced after about 1970. Too whiny. Johnny Cash and Hank III are about as far as I'll go in that direction.

tim815

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
It, like the adult diaper section, all Depends. It could be some Mozart, early 70's Deep Purple, something Zydeco, or what's on Sirius XMU on the satellite. Or an opera. All Depends.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I've been a HUGE 2Pac fan since 1991.

I love old R&B. Sam Cooke, Billy Holiday, The Commodores etc..

Can't forget Zapp & Roger! Has anyone ever been sampled more than them?

I can listen to just about anything. I just have to be in the right mood.

Thanks
Craig

chaddie84

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Wow. A lot of variety on these forums. I personally enjoy most kinds of music. I grew up listening to country. In my teens, I listened to a lot of metal (Korn, Metallica, Rage, Alice in Chains). My wife has gotten me sucked into the newer top-40 pop/rock stuff, which is catchy too.

My last 5 CD purchases: Lady Gaga Fame Monster, Shinedown, Black-eyed Peas The END, Metallica Death Magnetic, Chicago: Greatest Hits (no lie, they are my guilty pleasure :p)

moose2438

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I, too, don't have one "genre" that I listen to - I like a bunch of alternative, some new stuff, some country, a little bit of hip-hop...I guess my preferred genre would be "90s" stuff, but that doesn't encompass it all. :)

As for a favorite band, it's a group by the name of The Clarks...you might have heard of them - they're not too big outside of Pennsylvania, but they've had some tracks featured in movies and on the Letterman show.

uglyrad1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I listen to anything and everything that's on. My favorite song right now has to be "My Time" by Fabolous. Favorite artist, though, has always been Bon Jovi. I don't know what he does, but every album he's ever released has had at least one song I like. And that's saying something! :p
Christian

worldwideed

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have 3 main types of music I like and tend to rotate from one to the other every 3-4 months, not sure why.

Classic Rock.
Most anything from the 60 or 70 (Beatles, CCR, Zepplin, Neil Young, etc)

Bluegrass
Any and all. Favorites include Ricky Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Doyle Lawson and Quicksliver, and Del McCoury.

Oldies Soul
Otis Redding (the greatest), Sam Cooke, Booker T. & the MGs, Sam & Dave really most any Stax/Volt artists although Motown has it's place in my collection as well.

Hoyt55

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Favorite Genre(s): 70s Punk/Classic Rock/80s Alternative

Favorite Bands (in order): The Ramones!!, The Beatles, Violent Femmes, The Minutemen (great alternative 80s band that not a whole lot have heard of), REM

Favorite Song: It changes a lot, but right now it has to be Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones