Feb 1st - 2014 UNC Baseball First Pitch Dinner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMBfan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Last night was the 6th Annual UNC Baseball First Pitch Dinner. This is always my favorite off season event and this year did not disappoint. The event starts with a 1 hour cocktail hour where the guests of honor and other guests get to mingle, talk, take pictures, and sign autographs. This is then followed by an hour of a meet and greet with the current UNC Baseball team members, who are also great about signing items. Then there is an introduction of Coach Mike Fox where he makes some opening remarks and then dinner. After dinner, the Seniors introduce the 2014 team and there is a question and answer session with the guests of honor, followed by a live auction. This is always a great event and a great way for me to add to my growing all-time UNC Baseball collection.

This year’s guests of honor were Rob Wooten (Brewers) and Adam Warren (Yankees), as well as Indianapolis Colts QB Coach, Clyde Christensen. Everyone was great about signing autographs throughout the night. Here is what I was able to get signed (in no particular order):

Tim Fedroff – 2 cards (I gave two of the cards I had to two kids)
Josh Horton – 6 cards (This was a very big addition for me since his autograph has alluded me to add to my collection for a few years now)
Colin Moran – 2 cards & 2 4x6 photos (Again, I gave the two kids 2 cards and 2 4x6 photos for them to get signed and keep)
Michael Morin – 2 cards
Adam Warren – 6 cards, 2 8x10 photos, & 6 posters that were made for the event, which included Rob Wooten
Rob Wooten – 5 8x10 photos & 6 posters already signed by Adam Warren
Clyde Christensen – 1 4x6 photo for my all-time UNC Football collection
Hobbs Johnson – 1 8x10 photo
Greg Holt – 1 8x10 photo
Mike Fox – 3 8x10 photos
Kent Emanuel – 2 8x10 photos & 1 magazine cover
And I was able to get the entire 2014 UNC team to sign custom 4x6 photos that I had made for each of them.

There were other former players there as well but I didn’t have anything for them to sign. Matt Harvey was supposed to be there as well. Unfortunately, he did not show up due to having appearance obligations in New York for the Super Bowl. From what I was told by Coach Fox and other former UNC players who are good friends with him, Harvey was disappointed that he couldn’t make the dinner, which he has the past several years. If anyone would like to see scans of items that I got signed, please let me know.