Feedback Insanity

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I can't describe it any other way. I am set in my ways and perhaps others are as well. We all have our reasons for doing things the way we do. This is not a new topic, but one I will comment on yet again if only to amuse myself.

For starters, I got about 10-12 packages in the mail today. When I got home and opened them, I checked them off against my purchases. The way I do it is to save them in My Ebay until they arrive. IF the seller has left me feedback, I reciprocate and then delete the auction. That is how I can keep track of arrivals and pending items. If the seller has not left me feedback, I just delete the listing and move on.

So, to further paint a picture, I have a green star rating on ebay with over 5500 positive feedback, ALL from buying. I usually pay within the first 24 hours, unless I am combining multiple bids or if I am detained in some way. I use PP, so most sellers have their money in minutes or hours. I often buy multiple items from the same seller, when only one item was in my sights because I like to take advantage of combined shipping, plus why not. Help the seller out, help me out.

So, out of the 10-12 packages I got today, many with 2-20+ items inside, I check them off as I normally do. When I get done, I have left exactly one feedback! The rest of the sellers either have not left me feedback yet or don't plan to until I leave it for them first. Bear in mind, I probably paid a week or more ago on most of these items, time to get them shipped and into my hands.

So what is my point? Nothing other than to remind sellers, who may live and die by the positive feedback reputation they must carefully build that withholding feedback from buyers until they leave it for you may gain you a few, but more than likely the buyers are like me and you get NOTHING and will get nothing, even if you finally get around to leaving it later (because I already deleted the listing and won't notice that you did it!).

I just don't get it after all these years, why in the world a seller would do it. They can't leave me negative feedback, so waiting for mine it pointless there. Many people respond with similar actions. If someone smiles at you, you smile back. If someone flips you the bird, you flip one back. If someone complements you, you compliment them. Why would it be any different with feedback. If you ignore me, I ignore you. Not recognizing a prompt payment from a timely buyer, who generates multiple business for you doesn't make sense either.

I don't need the feedback to buy, so I really don't care if I get it, but I still marvel at hose sellers who email and leave notes with my purchases..."Thanks for your many purchases and lightning fast payment. Please, please, please leave me feedback and I will do the same for you!:D " Are you kidding me?

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
This is my EXACT ebay moto.

If I pay for an item and the seller doesn't leave feedback before it arrives in my mailbox. It just gets deleted from my list, then I usually get the Ebay messages from sellers asking for me to leave feedback so they can do the same....HELLO I did my part by paying.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
great minds think alike!

This is my EXACT ebay moto.

If I pay for an item and the seller doesn't leave feedback before it arrives in my mailbox. It just gets deleted from my list, then I usually get the Ebay messages from sellers asking for me to leave feedback so they can do the same....HELLO I did my part by paying.

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
Im not sure why sellers still do this since the change. Its not like they have a choice on the type of feedback to leave. You win the auction, pay for it but yet they wait for you to leave feedback before they do. Ive always wondered if it would be going to far to leave neutral feedback stating seller was holding the feedback hostage?

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Now days...I get stuff and always leave feedback...but I don't check to see if they lefted feedback...100% and over 700 ebay transactions. I guess most members don't realize its change and just continue to request feedback for their autions. Best regards, David

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
I never leave feedback first as a buyer either.................When I sell something, I always leave it first to acknowledge that I received payment and when it was sent...................I'm with you on this one!

Mike

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
I do some selling and some buying. I log on about once a month and just leave feedback in groups. Honestly it's just not that important to me, if I leave feedback for a buyer day of purchase, I'm likely to never even notice if I got some in return.

After 1,310 pos it's hard to be motivated to leave feedback for a buyer right away just so I can get to 1,311. It's nothing personal, it's just difficult to care after so many, am I alone?

porkchops

5.00 star(s)
I always pay as soon as I win an auction.
Agreed,I've done my part and I should receive
+ feedback as soon as the seller sees that I've
done so.Some do,but most don't and then there
are those that NEVER leave feedback.
I think,from now on,I also will stop leaving feedback
till I get it.
Ken

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I don't think you are alone, but the guys that get me are the ones who BEG for feedback, yet don't take the time to leave it themselves or for some reason think they should get theirs first. If a guy doesn't care and doesn't leave me feedback, I don't care either, but I get tired of the emails asking me to leave feedback or even asking me WHY I DIDN'T LEAVE FEEDBACK, yet I always check and find they have not do so for me???

As a seller, back in the day, I always left feedback once the buyer completed their obligation (payment). There is no reason to wait any longer...NONE. Better late than never, but sellers need it much more than buyers, hence my amazement that so many sellers expect it first!

I do some selling and some buying. I log on about once a month and just leave feedback in groups. Honestly it's just not that important to me, if I leave feedback for a buyer day of purchase, I'm likely to never even notice if I got some in return.

After 1,310 pos it's hard to be motivated to leave feedback for a buyer right away just so I can get to 1,311. It's nothing personal, it's just difficult to care after so many, am I alone?

Sponsors