Filing a Paypal claim

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
My wife purchased a purse on ebay that was listed as "brand new" but when she got it in the mail it obviously was not brand new. She sent the seller a message stating that she would accept either a partial refund or would send it back for a full refund. If she sends it back and files a claim, does paypal freeze the seller's funds so that the seller can't empty the account?

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
I would open up a paypal dispute if you dont hear from the seller after several days & explain it wasnt in the condition as stated in the auction. Paypal will notify you to send back said item by a certain date with proof of delivery! Im not sure on the freezing of the sellers funds part but if decided in your favor you get paid by paypal even if they empty their account they will owe paypal as their account will be a negative amount.

How much was the purse ?

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
If you open the paypal case seller's usually respond very quickly.. Announce your unhappiness with authority!

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Thanks guys. I opened a case with Paypal and the seller responded immediately. In fact, they refunded my money BEFORE I shipped the purse back! I did ship it back with DC just to cover myself.

akamikey - The purse was about $60.

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
Good to hear it worked out for you. Kinda weird they sent you a refund before you shipped it back.

Sponsors