First Tiger Woods, now Jesse James

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
There seems to be a new trend among athletes/stars. Run around with all kinds of different women while your wife and kids are at home.

I really don't care what these guys do in their personal lives, but what morons. Why in the world would anybody run around on Sandra Bullock!

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Running around on your spouse is deplorable no matter who you are married to, however I have never found Sandra Bullock to be attractive in the least bit.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I don't think this is a new trend. I think it has always gone on it is just that it is reported more nowadays...

Does anyone think for a second that JFK would be able to slip Marilyn in and out of the white house without anyone finding out nowadays?

valediction

5.00 star(s)
There seems to be a new trend among athletes/stars. Run around with all kinds of different women while your wife and kids are at home.

I really don't care what these guys do in their personal lives, but what morons. Why in the world would anybody run around on Sandra Bullock!

Not new at all. Babe Ruth did it, Gary Hart did it, Mantle did it, Wade Boggs did it, JFK Did it, Elvis did it, etc etc. the only difference is the 24/7 media coverage of the world we live in, and the decline of the 'boys will be boys' attitude. Back in the day, the media protected the headliners. Mantle was a known alcoholic and womanizer. They'd catch him driving drunk, they gave him a ride home and told the boys they pulled Mickey Mantle over. Imagine a show like Andy Griffith today, with a guy that walked into jail to sleep off his drinking every day. I remember in college I was reading anything I could find on Babe Ruth, and one of the mentions in a book was how the Yankees were traveling by train, and the media were all in the club car enjoying a beverage when a woman ran through crying, her clothes torn off, a few minutes later the Babe himself comes running through, pants half down yelling 'come back, we're not done!'. The writers looked at each other, and after a moment one said "it's a good thing none of us saw that, or we'd have to write about it." Compare that to the Puckett, Kobe, or Roethlisberger coverage.

I find it hard to believe most people don't know one or two people who have cheated on their partner. Be it friend, relative, co worker, etc. I know three or four I can think of in the last couple years. Think about what happened with them, then add money, fame, power, and long stretches away from each other.

H

houbb

Yes, times have changed and the media's coverage has changed, but immorality is still immorality. It's deplorable today and it was deplorable in Ruth's time. The only difference is the press writes about it today.