First time in almost 3 decades for these two things have happended.

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
First on saturday the Royals ended their 29 year playoff drought and then on Monday the Twins fired their manager for the first time since Sept 1986 when they canned Ray Miller and hired Tom Kelly. As a Twins fan I love the fact that since I was in 7th grade that they have had such stability in the managers position. I know TK had some struggles in the 90's but I think his two WS championship bought him a lifetime deal, until he didn't want to manage anymore. Bring in Ron Gardenhire and all he does in 13 years was 5 division titles and 5 2nd place finishes. Got to 1000 wins really quick and was totally in line to pass Kelly all-time in Wins but just didn't have enough horses the past 4 years. I would love for them to go out and get a big name from outside the organization, but knowing them it will probably be an inside hire.

Also been talking to people at work and I think Brewers manager Ron Roenicke should be feeling the pain of blowing the lead and finishing so poorly. (Remember Ned Yost took the fall in 2008 when the fell apart in the end and only got in as a wild card) Thoughts?

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
Think Molitor will be in the mix for the new Twins manager?

I think Molitor would be a good choice and he is listed as the top internal candidate according to the Twins website. I think Willie could do a good job also. It will be interesting for sure. Personally I'm hoping that they do go outside the organization because as Gardy said, sometimes its good to get a different voice in there. I do know that if the prospect keep advancing and pitchers like Gibson, Hughes and May develop and stay in their grooves that they established this year it won't be long before they are back in the postseason.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I think Molitor would be a good choice and he is listed as the top internal candidate according to the Twins website. I think Willie could do a good job also. It will be interesting for sure. Personally I'm hoping that they do go outside the organization because as Gardy said, sometimes its good to get a different voice in there. I do know that if the prospect keep advancing and pitchers like Gibson, Hughes and May develop and stay in their grooves that they established this year it won't be long before they are back in the postseason.

I looks like they have some descent prospects coming along. I just wonder if it may be time to move Mauer. I know he has a huge contract and is a local guy but moving him could bring a lot in return. Have you heard anything about possibly moving him?

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I looks like they have some descent prospects coming along. I just wonder if it may be time to move Mauer. I know he has a huge contract and is a local guy but moving him could bring a lot in return. Have you heard anything about possibly moving him?

What happen to him.....lots of money....the move to first base? Maybe starting at catcher keep to more aware and alert. Best regards, David