For the Mods... Bench Point Question...

abncal

5.00 star(s)
Ok, so I'm close to 100 points :D and I've been counting down the trades until I get there. I recently completed (2) trades which should have brought me up from 96 to 98 but I still have only 96 points and the trade has been completed for over 5 days now. I thought maybe I was wrong so I did a search on all my completed trades... counted once... counted twice... wouldn't you know it, I counted 110 completed trades!! :confused:
So maybe I thought that the rules might say something about this so I looked up the FAQs on Bench points and this is what it says, "The Bench Points are our way of keeping track of the number of trades a member has completed. For every completed sale or trade, a member receives one point. The points are automatically updated every night by the Trade Manager after confirmation of receipt by both members involved in the deal."
So should I have 110 bench points or am I missing something? Thanks for the help!

Josh

slavlite

5.00 star(s)
It depends, You may have, over the course of your trading history here, Traded with one trader too close together.

Say you and I make a trade on monday, POst it and mail out. Tehn We both find something for each other again on wednesday and post a second trade.

Those trades are posted too close together to count as seperate bench points, I believe the wait time is 5 days between trades with the same user to recieve seperate bench points.

I also believe that completed free card transactions will show up in a trade search, so if you ever recieved posted free cards from someone, you may be including those in your trade count.

Hope that makes sense.

-Nick

After a quick scan of your completed trades, I counted at least 7 or 8 Free card posts which do not gain Bench points, I didnt have time to check all of the posting dates with same traders.

Last edited:

abncal

5.00 star(s)
Ok, that does makes sense.... the most recent trade I just completed was pretty much back to back... forgot about the free cards. Is there anyway to "fix" the back to back trade scenario, I mean a trade is a trade, right? Thanks for the help! :)

slavlite

5.00 star(s)
A trade is not a trade, in some cases. The rule is in place so people to do not take advantage of the trade manager i.e. making a five card deal and posting it as 5 seperate 1 card deals.