Forum structure changes

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just wanted to make a post here to let everyone know about the changes being made to the forum structure. Nothing major here. I'm mostly just getting rid of some of the forums that are rarely used. This will help make the forum home page "shorter", which is especially useful for those who are browsing the site on a mobile device.

The idea with the re-organization was to combine the sections that had only 1 forum to another (such as fantasy sports and auction exposure) and to get all of the hobby/member related forums and discussions closer to the top.

Forum deletions

Case Busts! Get your boxes here! - This forum only had 23 threads. All of those threads were either deleted or moved to their appropriate sport's trade/sale forum.

Bench Sponsors - As far as I'm aware, The Bench no longer has any active sponsors. So, these were just removed. All of the threads were moved into the Card Talk forum with the exception of @hdjstuff's reviews. Those were all moved into the Upcoming Releases forum, with the Review prefix.

Check My Bucket/Album/Photos - This forum had 1 new thread in all of 2020, and only 4 posts. These threads have all been temporarily hidden until they're individually moved into an appropriate forum.

Baseball Team Trading - This forum only gets, on average, a few posts per month. All of these threads have been moved into the Baseball For Trade/Sale forum, with the Team Trading prefix.

Dealer Sites & Sponsors - Again, I'm not sure why this still even exists. The threads here have gone bye-bye.

Upcoming Releases:Wrestling/UFC/Boxing - These threads were moved into the Upcoming releases:Other sports and non-sports forum

Upcoming Releases:Tennis & Golf - These threads were moved into the Upcoming releases:Other sports and non-sports forum

Forum Re-Organization
  • Site News forum renamed to Bench news
  • Feedback, Suggestions & Questions about The Bench renamed to Feedback and support
  • Card Talk renamed to Hobby talk and moved to the Hobby talk and headlines section
  • Hobby talk and headlines section moved above the General trading section
  • Trader of the month forum moved to the Member forums section
  • Box Breaks & Nice Pulls moved to the Member forums section
  • Auction Exposure moved to the Sitting on The Bench section
  • Fantasy Sports moved to the Sitting on The Bench section
  • Upcoming Releases:Miscellaneous renamed to Upcoming releases:Other sports and non-sports

Current forum structure

Here is a look at the current forum structure. Hopefully this will help you, more easily, be able to find where the thread you're looking for might have been moved to without all the links, avatars, stats, etc in the way. I'll keep this updated as more changes are made.

• Official forums
    • Welcome to The Bench
    • Bench news
    • Feedback and support
  • Member forums
    • Box Breaks & Nice Pulls
    • Free Card Offers
    • Contests
    • Group Breaks
    • Trader of the Month
  • Hobby talk and headlines
    • Hobby talk
    • Hobby Help & News
    • Upcoming Releases
      • Sub-forums for all sports (not all will be listed here for space reasons)
    • Price Check
    • Card Shows
  • General Trading
    • Graded cards talk and trade
    • High Dollar For Trade/Sale
    • Vintage Wantlists
    • Vintage for Trade/Sale
  • Baseball Trading
    • Baseball Wants
    • Baseball Set Builders Wantlists
    • Baseball for Trade/Sale
  • Basketball Trading
    • Same sub-forums as baseball (not listed for space reasons)
  • Football Trading
  • Hockey Trading
  • Miscellaneous and Memorabilia Trading
    • Miscellaneous and Memorabilia Wantlists
    • Miscellaneous and Memorabilia for Trade/Sale
  • Non-Sport Card Trading
    • Non-Sport Wantlists
    • Non-Sport Trade/Sale
  • Sitting on The Bench
    • Sports Talk
    • Fantasy Sports
    • General Talk
    • Auction Exposure
  • Autographs
    • Discussion
    • TTM/IP Autographs FT/FS/Wants
    • Addresses
    • Successes

Last edited:

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
It looks a lot cleaner and has caused me to look at some things I would normally skip over. Very nice improvement. Dave

I agree @anglinomics I like the new look, and it is great to get rid of some of the seldom used forums! @Mike121 if you want to get rid of Discussion which I think I only post in usually, that works fine, if you can move my customs thread to another forum!! Always glad to save space, I really like the new streamlined look. Less overwhelming for new members too, I remember when I was a member at SCF and they have dozens of forums and sub forums. It was really cumbersome and hard to find what I was looking for. The Bench is best!!

Blessings,

Kevin

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
@Mike121 if you want to get rid of Discussion which I think I only post in usually, that works fine, if you can move my customs thread to another forum!!
I think that forum is fine. The hope is that later this year I'll have the TTM manager finished and we'll be able to remove the addresses forum. I think it'll be nice to have a forum for talking about TTM and IP autos though. We may even combine the successes forum in with the discussion forum, but we'll look more into that when the TTM manager is finished.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I think that forum is fine. The hope is that later this year I'll have the TTM manager finished and we'll be able to remove the addresses forum. I think it'll be nice to have a forum for talking about TTM and IP autos though. We may even combine the successes forum in with the discussion forum, but we'll look more into that when the TTM manager is finished.

You know, that is a great idea, that will probably lead to more traffic in that forum, which will be awesome!

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Made a few changes today. Renamed the Upcoming releases/Miscellaneous forum to Upcoming releases/Other sports and non-sports. Then removed the Wrestling/UFC/Boxing and Tennis & Golf forums. Those threads went into the newly renamed Other sports and non-sports forum.