Freewebs problems

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
For some reason im running into several problems on freewebs besides the occasional page won't load then gives you an error page.

(1) When signing in it doesnt remember my user id or password for some reason. The little box even pops up sometimes & i click it so i can sign in quicker next time but still the same problem persists. I can click on the password box & it automatically logs me in before i type anything :confused:

(2) It doesnt let me reorder my pages. Now it says to just drag the smybol box up & down to do so but i dont have a small box with three lines in it as shown?

(3) For some reason it shows chinese for some of my players in the base card section :eek: .

Anyone else having these problems?

XZYXZY

5.00 star(s)
Freewebs hardly ever remembers my user id or password, although I always
click on the remember me box!

Kekamba

5.00 star(s)
Ive not had any of those issues. I just wish you could single space stuff to save room without having to use some form of bullet or copy and paste.

blueted007

5.00 star(s)
I tried yesterday to edit my free web account and it would not remember my user name, So I entered my E-mail address and it worked then,come to find out there is a lot of user names that match mine or close to mine,so from now on I'll use my e-mail address to edit my account,I guess there is a lot of people useing freewebs.Other than that I've had no problems with freewebs.

Jon

DMS6391

4.90 star(s)
Freewebs hardly ever remembers my user id or password, although I always
click on the remember me box!

It never remembers me...but I have the password save on my browser (google chrome) and that works. But before I got google chrome it never remembered me.

And I was editing mine yesterday with no issues.

Last edited:

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the input guys. Before i never had a problem, even with remembering both my site passwords. Just kinda stumped over not being able to reorder my pages & the chinese text? I do have a back up file with updated info so i could just change it back. Heres an example of the text.

BARRY BONDS
㻟 Collector's Choice SE 259 Barry Bonds FT NM-MT Own 1 $1.00 $0.40 $1.00
㻡 Leaf 65 Barry Bonds NM-MT Own 1 $2.00 $0.75 $2.00
㻡 Scoreboard Players Club * 3 Barry Bonds NM-MT Own 1 $2.00 $0.75 $2.00
㻣 UD Ionix 51 Barry Bonds NM-MT Own 1 $2.50 $1.00 $2.50
㺁 Fleer Tradition 432 San Francisco Giants CL NM-MT Own 1 $0.30 $0.10 $0.30

alan1000

5.00 star(s)
I dont know if you edit the html by hand or not, but when you view the page source there is some code that has numbers before the cards with symbols. For example (without the spaces): & #16090 ' . There is numbers before each card that has a chinese symbol, if you take them out they go away.

Alan

Last edited:

TJCloutier

5.00 star(s)
Forget freewebs, for $16 a year you can host your own site and pick you .com name. For $7 a year you can have your own site with something like .info It's deff worth it. Looks more professional too, regardless of it being baseball cards

akamikey2001

5.00 star(s)
I dont know if you edit the html by hand or not, but when you view the page source there is some code that has numbers before the cards with symbols. For example (without the spaces): & #16090 ' . There is numbers before each card that has a chinese symbol, if you take them out they go away.
Alan

Looks like i would have to downgrade to HTML mode & it says it cant be reversed so imm not going to mess with it.

Forget freewebs, for $16 a year you can host your own site and pick you .com name. For $7 a year you can have your own site with something like .info It's deff worth it. Looks more professional too, regardless of it being baseball cards

I been looking around for something different. Your site looks pretty cool. Do you pay $16 a year for it & can you link me to where i can find the info on it?