Giants.... winners of the Wild Card championship!

t.rooster

5.00 star(s)
My baseball cap is off to the Royals, they played their hearts out & if I didn't live in N.California, I would have been cheering them on. But the big question that looms is how did the Giants, a wild card team that played .500 ball from mid season on, pull it off? Let the theories begin....

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Bumgarner for President!!!!

But seriously for the Royals to only be 90 ft away from tying up Game 7 in the bottom of the 9th is quite remarkable in light of where this franchise was not even a year ago.

What I found refreshing was how neither team relied on the long ball in the Series. There is something about watching both teams manufacture and scratch runs.

Any takers on the Giants bottoming out next year only to win it again in 2016?

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
At the beginning of the series I was thinking the Giants clearly had better pitching, not thinking that so much now after seeing Peavy and Hudson twice really bomb and seeing very little of Lincecum. But Bumgarner was absolutely lights out...I almost think the Royals crapped their pants when they saw him come out last night when he did and then he STAYED and wouldn't go away.

t.rooster

5.00 star(s)
Any takers on the Giants bottoming out next year only to win it again in 2016?[/QUOTE]

Seems the pattern is in place of every other year.....

giants1249er

5.00 star(s)
Chemistry. You don't need a bunch of stars (Dodgers, Yankees, Angels) to get to the postseason. You also have to get hot at the right time. The Giants weren't expected to make it due to season-ending injuries to CF Pagan, 2B Scutaro, C Sanchez and P Cain and injuries to Belt (concussion + broken thumb) and Morse. But thanks to Brian Sabean, reinforcements came via trade (Jake Peavy), free agent (Travis Ishikawa) and minor leaguers Joe Panik, Matt Duffy, Hunter Strickland, Andrew Susac, and Adam Duvall.

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
Chemistry. You don't need a bunch of stars (Dodgers, Yankees, Angels) to get to the postseason. You also have to get hot at the right time. The Giants weren't expected to make it due to season-ending injuries to CF Pagan, 2B Scutaro, C Sanchez and P Cain and injuries to Belt (concussion + broken thumb) and Morse. But thanks to Brian Sabean, reinforcements came via trade (Jake Peavy), free agent (Travis Ishikawa) and minor leaguers Joe Panik, Matt Duffy, Hunter Strickland, Andrew Susac, and Adam Duvall.

Any talk of Panik being NL ROY??