Ginter Redemption Question

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Finally got up to my favorite card\comic shop, Maverick's, in Cincinnati this past weekend (about a 2 hour drive). Picked up a box if Allen & Ginter, I know late to the party by about 4 months or so.

One of the 3 hits was An Amateur Osteologist card 1:6,600 packs. Does anyone have any information on what you actually get once redeemed?

Not sure if I want to redeem or sell, any opinions out there?

They would be appreciated.

Thanks for the time and the thoughts!

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Did a simple search on ebay what you get is a encased animal bone. The three redemption card sold went from $120 to $169.

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Did a simple search on ebay what you get is a encased animal bone. The three redemption card sold went from $120 to $169.

Thanks, I saw the redemption cards that sold, but didn't see anything that was actually redeemed. Wondering what kind of animal, how big, etc.

tglg

5.00 star(s)
I think I read something somewhere it was encased in a card, so it cannot be too big I wouldn't think. To me, I would sell, but it is a 1/1. Thing is, there are multiple 1/1, just different animals I would think. Much rather have the cash for something I would want than a bone from a bird or mouse. Even still, if it was a small bone from a prehistoric animal, that would be cool, but I wouldn't expect something like that. Just my thoughts would be sell it and move on.

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
I think I read something somewhere it was encased in a card, so it cannot be too big I wouldn't think. To me, I would sell, but it is a 1/1. Thing is, there are multiple 1/1, just different animals I would think. Much rather have the cash for something I would want than a bone from a bird or mouse. Even still, if it was a small bone from a prehistoric animal, that would be cool, but I wouldn't expect something like that. Just my thoughts would be sell it and move on.

Kind of leaning that way, but if it's a cool animal like a wolf, lion or tiger might rather have the encased bone.

Thanks for the input.

bonzomoretti

5.00 star(s)
Either way it's a nice pull Rob! How's Leo doing?
My feeling on the card is that if it is identifiable as a certain piece of bone, like a small wing-bone of a bird that has the end or ball joint on it, it would probably be much more desirable than a bone fragment that just looks like a piece of broken China. Just the luck of the draw...Mike

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Either way it's a nice pull Rob! How's Leo doing?
My feeling on the card is that if it is identifiable as a certain piece of bone, like a small wing-bone of a bird that has the end or ball joint on it, it would probably be much more desirable than a bone fragment that just looks like a piece of broken China. Just the luck of the draw...Mike

Mike -
Leo is doing pretty well, his mom passed earlier this year, so he's been spending more time at the shop. He cleaned out one of the back rooms and found some cool stuff.

No indication on the card if what type of bone, just "Encased Animal Bone".

Thanks for chiming in!

bonzomoretti

5.00 star(s)
Mike -
Leo is doing pretty well, his mom passed earlier this year, so he's been spending more time at the shop. He cleaned out one of the back rooms and found some cool stuff.

No indication on the card if what type of bone, just "Encased Animal Bone".

Thanks for chiming in!

Too bad about Mrs. Leo. I wonder what he found in the back...? Any cool treasures lost in the years of accumulation? A '52 Mantle perhaps? LOL!

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Too bad about Mrs. Leo. I wonder what he found in the back...? Any cool treasures lost in the years of accumulation? A '52 Mantle perhaps? LOL!

Not quite a '52 Mantle, but some nice 70 through 72 baseball and some early to mid 50's football. I added 30 or so cards to my sets and upgraded over 50 cards for the baseball. Nice finds. Someone beat me to the vintage hockey and basketball....

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Well, I decided to wait it out and got an email from Topps today saying my Amateur Osteologist Encased Animal Bone is on the way to me. Searched the 'bay real quick and only see one other one listed, it is a rat bone. Hoping that I get a cooler animal than a rat...

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Took a look on Ebay and guys were asking over a grand for them (not getting it, but asking). Cool looking card, just not sure of the demand for a rat bone. Could go to NYC with a couple of traps and get as many as I wanted.

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Took a look on Ebay and guys were asking over a grand for them (not getting it, but asking). Cool looking card, just not sure of the demand for a rat bone. Could go to NYC with a couple of traps and get as many as I wanted.

Yeah, saw that. It is pretty cool, but was hoping for a cooler animal than a rat....

BTW, I'll let you do all the trapping, lol.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Yeah, saw that. It is pretty cool, but was hoping for a cooler animal than a rat....

BTW, I'll let you do all the trapping, lol.

If I can sell fragments of the bone for $100/each, I will happily set out the traps!!!

It does seem though, for a 1/1 redemption card, it is a little below expectations. Had it been the full skull, that would be a cool 1/1, regardless of the animal.

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
If I can sell fragments of the bone for $100/each, I will happily set out the traps!!!

It does seem though, for a 1/1 redemption card, it is a little below expectations. Had it been the full skull, that would be a cool 1/1, regardless of the animal.

Very true. Gotta find some of the crazy Ginter collectors and sell mine well below the 'bay asking prices.