Going to Spring Training...Need Suggestions

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
My 16 Y.O. Daughter and I will be going to Spring Training. We will be attending these Stadiums:
March 28 Goodyear Ballpark Cubs & Reds
March 29 Camelback Rangers & Dodgers
March 30 A day out with my daughter away from baseball
March 31 Maryvale ballbark Reds & Brewers (day game)
March 31 Peoria Royals & Padres (night game)
April 1 Surprise Dodgers & Royals

I won't be doing any graphing....just want to enjoy the ballpark and the games.

So I need some suggestions on what to see in and around the ballparks....anything special or out of the ordinary that I should be on the look out for?
On the 30th we were planning on going to the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium. (any suggestions about this place) ?
Also what are some good places to have lunch and/or Dinner? ...like to go to those hole in the wall places.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I have never been to Spring Training or that far into Arizona...Would like to stay out of Phoenix area, Hopefully going to go back with the wife to taken in a Diamondbacks game later in the season.

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
Google "Organ Stop Pizza"

Half the fun of spring training is going to the ballpark on non-game day mornings and watching the practice. Just got back from doing that myself, although from the league that has beaches ☺

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Google "Organ Stop Pizza"

Half the fun of spring training is going to the ballpark on non-game day mornings and watching the practice. Just got back from doing that myself, although from the league that has beaches ☺

Very cool....might have to save that for another day....little further than where we will be

jweech

5.00 star(s)
Are you staying on the west side of town? I know you don't have a Dbacks home game or Cubs home game listed, but these are the two best Spring Training facilities. Talking Stick for the Diamondbacks is exceptional. The new Cubs ballpark in Tempe is a little piece of Wrigley dropped into Tempe/Mesa. I would try to get one of those parks scheduled in this trip. I've been to all of the stadiums, honestly Maryvale can be skipped for one of the new places.

As for restaurants, let me think on that a little. Most of my favorite places are in the central Phoenix and south/east of there. Maybe too far a drive for you if you are stationed West of the city.

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Are you staying on the west side of town? I know you don't have a Dbacks home game or Cubs home game listed, but these are the two best Spring Training facilities. Talking Stick for the Diamondbacks is exceptional. The new Cubs ballpark in Tempe is a little piece of Wrigley dropped into Tempe/Mesa. I would try to get one of those parks scheduled in this trip. I've been to all of the stadiums, honestly Maryvale can be skipped for one of the new places.

As for restaurants, let me think on that a little. Most of my favorite places are in the central Phoenix and south/east of there. Maybe too far a drive for you if you are stationed West of the city.

Yes, I will be staying and going to the ballparks on the west side

jweech

5.00 star(s)
IF you like German food, I'd recommend this place.

http://www.hausmurphys.com/

Here are some New Times Best of Phoenix award winners in the West Valley. Never been to any of them so I can't say yes or no to them. The German place above was a 2014 winner and I can vouch for that place. Great beer selection along with really good food.

Best Mexican Food Restaurant, West Valley, 2013
Fajardo's Café
6706 N. 58th Drive
Glendale, AZ 85301
623-937-7757

Best Breakfast Food Restaurant, 2013
New York Flavor
15170 W. Bell Road
Surprise, AZ 85374
623-266-2520

Best Sports Bar, 2012
Stinger's Sports Bar
10040 N. 43rd Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85302
623-937-9645

For other award winners,
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/restaurants/

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
IF you like German food, I'd recommend this place.

http://www.hausmurphys.com/

Here are some New Times Best of Phoenix award winners in the West Valley. Never been to any of them so I can't say yes or no to them. The German place above was a 2014 winner and I can vouch for that place. Great beer selection along with really good food.

Best Mexican Food Restaurant, West Valley, 2013
Fajardo's Café
6706 N. 58th Drive
Glendale, AZ 85301
623-937-7757

Best Breakfast Food Restaurant, 2013
New York Flavor
15170 W. Bell Road
Surprise, AZ 85374
623-266-2520

Best Sports Bar, 2012
Stinger's Sports Bar
10040 N. 43rd Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85302
623-937-9645

For other award winners,
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/restaurants/

very cool....thank you very much for taking the time to do that...Haus Murphy’s is definitely going to be a stop and I think Fajardo's Café will a go to also
Thanks again,
Robert

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Have fun and take it easy! I saw to two major games in two days.....Twins vs. Angels and Reds vs. Dodgers two years ago. Had a great time with my sister at the Dodger game and had dinner with my Nephew and his wife after the Angels! Best regards, David