Going to the Yankees game Saturday - any suggestions?

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
as I watch the Mets/Nats game it is hard for me to say ... but i'm actually a Mets fan ... HOWEVER, come saturday its my buddie's bachelor party and we are starting the day off at the Yankee game... I have yet to be at the new stadium and actually I havent been to a Yankee game for 11 years ... so i'm looking for any suggestions - good bar before the game? good food? any parts of the park I should be sure to check out? - thanks, erik

avstars

5.00 star(s)
The food is a bit better than the old stadium. There's a Steiner Sports Memorbilia place somewhere in the stadium worth checking out. Not sure about any bars, but I'm sure they are a few. If you wanna enter that resturant in center field, you might wanna go early because usually there is a line there during the game. Where you sitting?

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
The food is a bit better than the old stadium. There's a Steiner Sports Memorbilia place somewhere in the stadium worth checking out. Not sure about any bars, but I'm sure they are a few. If you wanna enter that resturant in center field, you might wanna go early because usually there is a line there during the game. Where you sitting?

thanks!! ... not exactly sure, I think the left field line - (there are 14 of us, and my buddie's best-man purchased the tickets - they all live in or around Scranton)

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
There's a bunch of Yankee bars out on River Ave behind the right field wall but never actually went to any as I just turned 21 in October.. It might be wise to stop there before the game seeing as beers are $10 a pop I believe inside.. The Stadium has plenty to walk around and see and Monument Park is always a nice stop but you would have to get there very early to get in as they only allow a few hundred people in a day..

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
There's a bunch of Yankee bars out on River Ave behind the right field wall but never actually went to any as I just turned 21 in October.. It might be wise to stop there before the game seeing as beers are $10 a pop I believe inside.. The Stadium has plenty to walk around and see and Monument Park is always a nice stop but you would have to get there very early to get in as they only allow a few hundred people in a day..

thanks .... yeah, sounds like we will be at Stan's before the game and probably wont get in on time to hit the monument park .... looks like i'll be able to get in one of the box suites for a bit, my wife's co-teacher is Bobby Hurley's daughter and they will be at the game so she said me and my buddie can come up for some grub ... looking forward to the game - thanks

Yanks21

5.00 star(s)
Stans is great if you have not been there before, to say you been is cool. The Bowling Ally next Stans has very reasonable bottle beer prices. As weird as it sounds it has now become a tradition for my crew to bowl a few games before the Yanks game. A few doors down is a vendor that sells steak on a stick, adds the perfect sponge for the beers on the way into the game.

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
Stans is great if you have not been there before, to say you been is cool. The Bowling Ally next Stans has very reasonable bottle beer prices. As weird as it sounds it has now become a tradition for my crew to bowl a few games before the Yanks game. A few doors down is a vendor that sells steak on a stick, adds the perfect sponge for the beers on the way into the game.

great! thanks ... i'm sure the group i'll be with will love to bowl a frame or two - puts a cool twist on a pre-game party!!

thanks everyone, if I have time (i'm currently in raleigh for work til friday) I may start up a 'guess the score' contest so keep your eyes open!!! - thanks, erik

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I'm not gonna be any help, but sounds like a blast! Maybe you'll get to see a No-Hitter or something...

Thanks
Craig

Yanks21

5.00 star(s)
I got carried away about the bars but give yourself enough time to see the Yankees Museum. Munsons original locker with his jersey ect. The wall of balls exhibit is also very impressive. The Yankees are building a wall of autographed baseballs of every Yankee to wear pinstripes. It is great to look through all the autos of players from past and present.