• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

Guilty Pleasure Binge Watch Shows

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I just finished "The Crown" on Netflix. It's good if you like the royal family. I'm now watching "Gotham". I've passed it over many times, but it is excellent.

Gotham is one that I wish I had gotten in on the ground floor - just couldn't find the energy to get vested in it. I loved Grimm, but it kept changing day/time slots and it fell off the radar after the first season.

Have also been enjoying Ash V. Evil Dead - think the new season comes out in February. And I need to finish up the last couple seasons of Black Sails.

TribeBuckeyeFan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Gotham is one that I'm late to the party on as well. I've been binging that for about 3 weeks now, 2 episodes left in Season 3 on Netflix, then I can catch up on Season 4 on demand. Great show. Of course, I have to watch it by myself because my wife "doesn't get into that superhero crap". Alas, I'm always watching Supergirl, Gotham, X-Men, Avengers, etc., by myself all the time. Got Wonder Woman on blu-ray for Christmas, and it's still shrink wrapped. :)

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I watch all of the CW Arrowverse shows (Arrow,Legends of Tomorrow,Supergirl,The Flash). Not sure if Black Lightning is gonna fit into it all but the premiere episode was decent.

Discovered Prison Break on the Audience channel last year and DVRed every episode and binged it week by week. First 2 seasons were great but it died slowly over the last 2.

Another show I miss is Chuck. I really wish they'd make either another season or even a movie.

Have seasons 1 & 2 of Game of Thrones and got a few episodes in and just wasn't into it. Perhaps I'll give it another go in the future.

Having a tough time getting into Once Upon A Time this season. Loved the first few seasons but it's been dull last season and this season. Love the concept of Fairy Tale and Disney characters living in our world.

I also watch Gotham and although I can't stand the campiness of Fish Mooney,I do like the development of all the future Batman villians.

Last edited:

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Gotham is one that I'm late to the party on as well. I've been binging that for about 3 weeks now, 2 episodes left in Season 3 on Netflix, then I can catch up on Season 4 on demand. Great show. Of course, I have to watch it by myself because my wife "doesn't get into that superhero crap". Alas, I'm always watching Supergirl, Gotham, X-Men, Avengers, etc., by myself all the time. Got Wonder Woman on blu-ray for Christmas, and it's still shrink wrapped. :)

Enjoyed Wonder Woman. Gal Gardot was awesome - movie was good, story was not.

Game of Thrones season 1 show 1 Best regards, David

Never got into game of thrones.....

I watch all of the CW Arrowverse shows (Arrow,Legends of Tomorrow,Supergirl,The Flash). Not sure if Black Lightning is gonna fit into it all but the premiere episode was decent.

Discovered Prison Break on the Audience channel last year and DVRed every episode and binged it week by week. First 2 seasons were great but it died slowly over the last 2.

Another show I miss is Chuck. I really wish they'd make either another season or even a movie.

Have seasons 1 & 2 of Game of Thrones and got a few episodes in and just wasn't into it. Perhaps I'll give it another go in the future.

Having a tough time getting into Once Upon A Time this season. Loved the first few seasons but it's been dull last season and this season. Love the concept of Fairy Tale and Disney characters living in our world.

I also watch Gotham and although I can't stand the campiness of Fish Mooney,I do like the development of all the future Batman villians.

Are you talking original Prison Break, or the re-boot. The original, it seemed like they only expected the show to go a season or two and than just made up the last couple seasons week by week....

Did watch Despicable Me 3 over the weekend - LOVE The Minions!!! Been seeing the Black Panther trailers, can't wait for that one to get to Netflix!

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Enjoyed Wonder Woman. Gal Gardot was awesome - movie was good, story was not.

Never got into game of thrones.....

Are you talking original Prison Break, or the re-boot. The original, it seemed like they only expected the show to go a season or two and than just made up the last couple seasons week by week....

Did watch Despicable Me 3 over the weekend - LOVE The Minions!!! Been seeing the Black Panther trailers, can't wait for that one to get to Netflix!

Both really. Was cool reuniting a lot of the characters from the original show for the re-boot but was good only for nostalgias sake. Seasons 1 and 2 were great,3 was ok but 4 kinda stunk.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Both really. Was cool reuniting a lot of the characters from the original show for the re-boot but was good only for nostalgias sake. Seasons 1 and 2 were great,3 was ok but 4 kinda stunk.

I never got into the Prison Break re-boot. Didn't want to be let down like in the original. Will just have to find something new to get hooked on....and there will be a big gap between the end of the current season of Hell's Kitchen and the next Survivor!

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I never got into the Prison Break re-boot. Didn't want to be let down like in the original. Will just have to find something new to get hooked on....and there will be a big gap between the end of the current season of Hell's Kitchen and the next Survivor!

Master Chef Junior and Celebrity Big Brother are coming on next month. It's amazing how skilled those kids are in the kitchen.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Master Chef Junior and Celebrity Big Brother are coming on next month. It's amazing how skilled those kids are in the kitchen.

I watched the first ever episode of Big Brother and never turned it on again! Totally agree that those kids can cook - always makes me a bit nervous when 8 year olds play with knives!! Some of them barely look tall enough to see over the top of the stove.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I watched the first ever episode of Big Brother and never turned it on again! Totally agree that those kids can cook - always makes me a bit nervous when 8 year olds play with knives!! Some of them barely look tall enough to see over the top of the stove.

The Amazing Race is on now too. The teams Joey Chestnut and "Eater X" Tim Janus and Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion sadly just got eliminated. The Beekman Boys won a few seasons ago and they're local guys and have done a lot of good for our area with the money they've won along with their side projects selling their wares on QVC,etc.

SymphonicMetal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I don't think I have ever binge watched anything before. On occasion there are shows that are "Must See TV" but those are very few and far between (the FX deamas The Shield and Sons of Anarchy being the most recent) but those were watched on a one episode/week basis which would not fall under the binge category.

I am however a "binge listener" when it comes to music. I will glom onto a select music artist or three and pretty much only listen to a narrow group of artists for years and years! I am pretty myopic when it comes to music. I find an artists I like and I am all in for quite a long time period.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Another show I'd highly recommend is The Blacklist. James Spader is so devilishly charming as Raymond Reddington that I can't believe he hasn't won an emmy for the role.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The Amazing Race is on now too. The teams Joey Chestnut and "Eater X" Tim Janus and Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion sadly just got eliminated. The Beekman Boys won a few seasons ago and they're local guys and have done a lot of good for our area with the money they've won along with their side projects selling their wares on QVC,etc.

Another show I don't watch....and had no clue who Beekmans were, but just happened to see them on the channel guide on one of the shopping networks.

"JACKSONVILLE! A city so nice, they named it... Jacksonville!"

Only another week or so. I always wonder how show creators decide which city will be featured in a show..seriously, why Jacksonville???

Another show I'd highly recommend is The Blacklist. James Spader is so devilishly charming as Raymond Reddington that I can't believe he hasn't won an emmy for the role.
Spader creeped me out as the drug dealer in the 80's movie with Jami Gertz and Robert Downey, the name escapes me right now...but haven't really tuned into anything with him on board.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...not for everyone but if you like "edgy" humor and Danny Devito its a great find.
Every now and than, this is a late night, can't sleep watch.

The Pretender is a must watch......Best regards, David

Another one that I have never heard of. I get further under that rock every day it seems....