Guilty Pleasure Binge Watch Shows

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Haven't had time for Jeopardy much lately - caught it last night and I guess it is Teen Tournament week, so can't comment if the real players have kept up the aggressive James style play, or have fallen back into the same old style that was played for decades...

Caught 5 minutes of Holey Moley this evening - extreme mini-golf as run by Steph Curry! I am all in. This show looks to be a thousand times more entertaining than Million Dollar Mile, another NBA star run program - which I believe has already disappeared from television.

Holey Moley was pretty cool and love Rob Riggle as a co-host. Mini golf meets Wipeout...………..great show.

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Haven't had time for Jeopardy much lately - caught it last night and I guess it is Teen Tournament week, so can't comment if the real players have kept up the aggressive James style play, or have fallen back into the same old style that was played for decades...

Caught 5 minutes of Holey Moley this evening - extreme mini-golf as run by Steph Curry! I am all in. This show looks to be a thousand times more entertaining than Million Dollar Mile, another NBA star run program - which I believe has already disappeared from television.

As a Jeopardy purest along with millions of other viewers hope they never have another James on again. If money and betting is your main enjoyment one of the poker shows would be better suited to you. As far as the teens not being real players WTF. Holey Moley to me is just new lipstick on shows that they had on years ago. For some reason the networks shink if they put a sports celebrity on a show people woild watch it like Homer Simpson looks at a donut.

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
I just saw that James Holzhauer will be playing in the World Series Of Poker. Some guy is going to fund his buy-ins to get him to play. Poker still is popular but has a loss in viewers in the last few years. This looks like an ad ploy. They are pushing his Jeopardy wins, his wife and charity donations. Its a tough sell how do you make a guy with the personality and looks of Gargamel look good/

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
As a Jeopardy purest along with millions of other viewers hope they never have another James on again. If money and betting is your main enjoyment one of the poker shows would be better suited to you. As far as the teens not being real players WTF. Holey Moley to me is just new lipstick on shows that they had on years ago. For some reason the networks shink if they put a sports celebrity on a show people woild watch it like Homer Simpson looks at a donut.

Not sure it warranted a "WTF", but I guess I should have put "real" in quotes - the teens are playing the game of Jeopardy, but they are playing a two week tournament, which is different than playing every day against opponents. Even if they don't win their first matchup, they can still advance by having a total $$ amount high enough to qualify as a wild card. And the overall champ is a two day total, not a daily total, so there are distinct differences between the daily play and tournament play (not just for teens, but for the teachers and the tournament of champions).

For the millions of purists, there are just as many that liked what james was doing, to each his own. I wasn't a fan of james himself, I was a fan of the way he went about playing the game. I liked that he took risks and was thoughtful about his wagers and what they meant - and I was even hopeful that the young lady who took him down would go on a long run as champion playing the same way. Everything evolves, if I remember correctly the boards used to be 100-500 and 200-1000, now they are 200-100 and 400-2000 - everybody hated that change, but now no one thinks about it. I am sure there were people that didn't like the inclusion of a 24 second shot clock in basketball, but now no one thinks about it.

As for extreme mini-golf...it didn't matter who was hosting, I was gonna watch, it just looked entertaining to me...and in the first five minutes, watching a contestant get slammed not once, but twice by a giant windmill, that was just funny to me....

I just saw that James Holzhauer will be playing in the World Series Of Poker. Some guy is going to fund his buy-ins to get him to play. Poker still is popular but has a loss in viewers in the last few years. This looks like an ad ploy. They are pushing his Jeopardy wins, his wife and charity donations. Its a tough sell how do you make a guy with the personality and looks of Gargamel look good/

Poker has oversaturated its market. Ever since Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event back in what, 2007? 2008?, the exposure has exploded. You can't flip channels at this point and not see an event of some kind. I love playing poker, not so much watching it anymore -- would be much more interesting (and helpful/informative), if they would show the hands blind (IE, don't show me the cards of all the players, just show me one players cards) and let me try to figure out what everyone else has and how the hand should unfold. Once I know that the two remaining players have A-A and K-K, and the flop comes A-K-8, I know there will be fireworks. But only show me the K-K, and let me try to figure things out as the hand progresses. That would be way more interesting to me.

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
I don'y give Holzhauer much of a chance at the poker tables. Its one thing to look aver stats and make a bet, its another for the worlds best watching your face body and hands for any tell. We'll see how many hours he last. I have been watching 6 or 7 Jeopardy forms and have seen some polls and all of the hated Holzhaue'rs style of play. The rating are back to normal and he is just about forgotten.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I don'y give Holzhauer much of a chance at the poker tables. Its one thing to look aver stats and make a bet, its another for the worlds best watching your face body and hands for any tell. We'll see how many hours he last. I have been watching 6 or 7 Jeopardy forms and have seen some polls and all of the hated Holzhaue'rs style of play. The rating are back to normal and he is just about forgotten.

I think we just found common ground to agree upon!! Short of a run of AMAZING LUCK, he will not thrive at the poker table. It is a much different animal than a trivia game. In his first WSOP tournament (not the main event) - he placed 454th out of 1800 entrants. Not a bad start, but well short of finishing in the $$$$. But since he has said he will donate a portion of his earnings to local charities, I do hope that he makes some cash during the WSOP run.

You Jeopardy nuts should know James Holzhauer has autos in this years Allen & Ginter.

I had seen that, thanks! The Jeopardy bartender from last year had cards in 2018 A/G -- so maybe this will be an ongoing thing for Jeopardy champs. More looking forward to Danielle Colbys AU in A/G this year though!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I an now 3 episodes in on Holey Moley....It is starting to run its course. It needs to change up a bit to keep it interesting and fresh. The same holes over and over, repetitive. Need to expand a bit and have some new holes if this will hold my interest past the initial season.

Didn't even realize that it was the lead in to Curry's wifes cooking challenge show. All of a sudden so many things made so much more sense...

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just finished up watching the trainwreck that was the reboot of Beverly Hills 90210. Not sure I can accurately put into words what I just bore witness too.

All I know is that Zombie Tidal Wave (w/ Ian Ziering) looks infinitely better.

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
I an now 3 episodes in on Holey Moley....It is starting to run its course. It needs to change up a bit to keep it interesting and fresh. The same holes over and over, repetitive. Need to expand a bit and have some new holes if this will hold my interest past the initial season.

Didn't even realize that it was the lead in to Curry's wifes cooking challenge show. All of a sudden so many things made so much more sense...

We lost ABC on my DirecTV so can't watch Holey Moley or Family Food Fight until the 2 sides strike a deal. Thankfully there's nothing I'm really missing on that channel.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
We lost ABC on my DirecTV so can't watch Holey Moley or Family Food Fight until the 2 sides strike a deal. Thankfully there's nothing I'm really missing on that channel.

That made me think - if I were to lose ABC, would I miss it at all. Maybe some college football in the fall. But other than Holey Moley, can't remember that last show i watched religiously on that channel????

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
That made me think - if I were to lose ABC, would I miss it at all. Maybe some college football in the fall. But other than Holey Moley, can't remember that last show i watched religiously on that channel????

Once Upon A Time was the last show I watched on ABC but their run ended 2 years ago.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Once Upon A Time was the last show I watched on ABC but their run ended 2 years ago.

Because I have a personality that wouldn't let my brain rest until I figured out the last show I watched - i googled ABC television and got a list of all their shows since the 50's...

The last show I watched on ABC was the first episode of Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -- thought it was horrible and never tuned in again. The last show that I watched more than one episode of was Dancing with the Stars - the season that Stacy Keibler was on, which was one of the first (if not the first) seasons of the show and it started in 2005.

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
I got a free month Netflix so wanted to check out Stranger Things...finished season 1 what a freakishly entertaining great show>>>Off to season 2

Last edited:

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Wynonna Ryder is the lead role and wow did she age extremely gracefully very attractive I might add

Have always liked her! Even during her shoplifting phase...

New season of Survivor starts in two weeks - always excited for that. Even with the news that they figured out how to get Boston Rob back on the show, I just want him to go away and stay away!!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Survivor in 10 minutes... and, AND, Season 2 of The Masked Singer in 10 minutes. One of them is getting On-Demanded, and it ain't survivor!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
OK, so we are now in Season 7,000 of Survivor, and I still love the show, because, God bless them, they just keep finding clueless people to bring on the show. Seems like a fun cast and even had the oldest member of one of the tribes start fire using just bamboo before any flint was given out. Talk about making a first impression. Not thrilled with the whole Rob/Sandra thing, but whatever, gotta keep it fresh!

Two golden rules broken in this initial episode - don't go off solo too early looking for an idol, puts a target on your back. And when at tribal, don't vote out your most athletic person in favor of a completely non-athletic person. It never works out well and usually results in that particular tribe heading back to tribal over and over again because you are now completely overmatched in every challenge going forward.

Fortunately, The Masked Singer was 2 hours, and Survivor only 90 minutes, so got to watch the last 30 minutes...Johnny Weir and Ninja sent packing. The only change to the judges is that Jenny McCarthy has botoxed herself WAY to much. And that Nick Cannon is no longer wearing that turban thing with the horrible hair style that he finished up last season with...

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Wynonna Ryder is the lead role and wow did she age extremely gracefully very attractive I might add

Alright...broke down and watched the first two episodes of Stranger Things on Saturday night - definitely will be continuing on with this one, enjoyed it for the most part. And no denying Winona, she is still very attractive. Have to figure out timing and get this one binge watched!