Votes: 4 28.6%
  • don't care about the food, just give me football

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - hope everyone enjoys their day. No travel for me, so will be puttering around the house, maybe even a chance to get a trade or two done.

Seems like a great day for a poll as well -- what is your favorite staple of the dinner table on this holiday of sweatpants and couch sitting.

I went with the basics that I am used to, please feel free to add your favorite. I left off a broccoli/cheese casserole that my mom makes that is outstanding......

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The poll should include Pumpkin Pie! Also a box for everything above!.....I love it all! Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
My favorites are the three bean casserole and stuffing.

This is my favorite holiday with the food and the football which "back in the day" was a unique day for having NFL on a Thursday. And much like last year, I will make an exception and watch the Lions and Cowboys games which will pretty much be 95% of my NFL watching for the season.

And this Thanksgiving is an historic one when it comes to cold. Syracuse already hit the all time low for November 22 when it hit 11 degrees this morning and that temperature broke the all time Thanksgiving low of 12 that was set in 1905!!! 113 year old record broken and it'll probably be broken again before midnight tonight as the skies are clearing and the temps will plummet.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The poll should include Pumpkin Pie! Also a box for everything above!.....I love it all! Best regards, David

Holy Cow!! My Bad!! I absolutely messed up by leaving the pumpkin pie off the list. Still wouldn't outrank stuffing for me, but yeah, huge oversight on my part!

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Everything is great on Thanksgiving!!!

Although I never had until I met my wife, green bean casserole is the first thing I dig into.

To add to the list I would add cranberry sauce (homemade or the type with the artsy, semicircular mold will do) and my wife's rutabaga and apple pie.

I'm about 15 miles from SymphonicMetal and agree that the weather is terrible. I went outside for a post-dinner walk and thought it was January with the cold and the shin-deep snow.

Everyone have great Thanksgiving and be thankful for every day, everything and everyone you have!

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Wasn't bad here yesterday but the night before we didn't get much snow,but the wind was whipping around and still created whiteout condition in spots and the temp was in the single digits both nights. Supposed to hit the lower 40s here this weekend so that'll be nice.

Went in to work at 4 pm yesterday but at least I got to eat with my family beforehand. Many of my co-workers didn't get a chance to and that really sucks. Hope everyone enjoyed theirs.

Hit Walmart after work and picked up some Black Friday DVD deals for my collection.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Everything is great on Thanksgiving!!!

Although I never had until I met my wife, green bean casserole is the first thing I dig into.

To add to the list I would add cranberry sauce (homemade or the type with the artsy, semicircular mold will do) and my wife's rutabaga and apple pie.

I'm about 15 miles from SymphonicMetal and agree that the weather is terrible. I went outside for a post-dinner walk and thought it was January with the cold and the shin-deep snow.

Everyone have great Thanksgiving and be thankful for every day, everything and everyone you have!

I missed cranberry sauce too....my mind must have been pre-occupied when I put the poll up! i prefer it out of the can, not cranberry jelly/relish. We actually added baked mac/cheese to our meal as well as cornbread, so a couple of newcomers to the table yesterday. First thing this morning, hit the treadmill..............

It was probably high teens here yesterday plus wind chill, but no snow. Warming up through the weekend and as long as rain holds off, going to try and play some golf for the first time since Labor Day.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I'm about 15 miles from SymphonicMetal and agree that the weather is terrible.

Yes, I think you live 1 mile West and 14 miles straight up from me. I have no idea how you make it up and down those hills in the Winter no matter what way you go. And I am betting that this is the earliest you have ever had school delays and closings as most of the schools here had 2 hour delays last Tuesday (11/13) and were closed last Friday (11/16). And this was the week before the earliest possible date for Thanksgiving!

The most impressive weather record to fall this week was both Binghamton and Syracuse hitting all time record lows for the entire month of march today. I know Binghamton hit zero this AM and Syracuse was - 1, the first time in history they had ever been below zero in the month of November! Syracuse smashed the old November low record of 4 degrees set in late November of 1938 by a whopping 5 degrees!!! So this cold snap was historic to say the least.

I meant to say Green Bean Caserole, not 3 bean in my earlier post. That was my vote although macaroni and cheese is a very close second when it comes to Thanksgiving sides.