Hayes, Freeman, Cook, Patterson, Wagner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehalk

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Here are some guys who have been suggested to me as possible contacts that live in Texas from players I have done signings with Ray King and Scott Scudder.

Charlie Hayes (Last Signing in 2013)
Choo Freeman
Dennis Cook ( Last signing in 2013)
John Patterson (Pitcher)
Ryan Wagner

Anyone need any of these guys? I will pursue all or none depending on if you all need them. Let me know. I enjoy chasing the smaller named guys that collectors need

I understand Ricky Wright lives somewhere in Texas and has been quite tough to obtain. Maybe you will stumble upon someone he knows/trusts that enables you to land him for a signing! I fear that it might be Mike Marshall like though, since his signatures tend to bring really big bucks when they show up on ebay, especially the 86 and 87 cards when he was with Texas. the Dodger cards seem to be less popular, which would be good for me. I could really use a 83 Fleer card signed!!

Already been on that trail. Scott Scudder knows him and said he will try for us but said Ricky is really odd. I got multiple connections to him so I am trying to work all of those. He has been offered insane amounts by other promoters and said no, it will take a special person to crack that open but I want to be the guy.

This is SUPER fun to watch unfold, Darrell, keep the cool updates coming....like the Maltese Falcon of baseball private signings!

That is the thing with those super tough/obscure guys. Most people just don't want to pay the extreme prices that come solely from self-created scarcity. Imagine what value a HOF player might bring if he didn't sign they way some of these commons do (maybe reference early market for Bill Russell in basketball, but BKB was less popular than baseball for so long). There are probably hundreds of obscure baseball players who are tough, but had brief and insignificant careers, but team and set collectors need those players on specific cards to try to complete sets!

I have Wright on a team sheet, so i have his signature crossed off my list, but I don't have a card signed and that is my favorite item for my collection, especially if it is an actual Dodger card. Where I can't find a Dodger card, I go with whatever else will do to fill a hole.

Anyway, it would be cool to see you land him (at a reasonable price), but I won't hold my breath. Good luck though!! I'll keep checking back for the tougher Dodger players you might land though…

I do need Noe Munoz, although he is in Mexico and not sure where.
Already been on that trail. Scott Scudder knows him and said he will try for us but said Ricky is really odd. I got multiple connections to him so I am trying to work all of those. He has been offered insane amounts by other promoters and said no, it will take a special person to crack that open but I want to be the guy.

Confirmed:

Choo Freeman- May 16
Former Rockies OF
Cousin of Torii Hunter
$7 any item
5+ items = $5 each

That is the thing with those super tough/obscure guys. Most people just don't want to pay the extreme prices that come solely from self-created scarcity. Imagine what value a HOF player might bring if he didn't sign they way some of these commons do (maybe reference early market for Bill Russell in basketball, but BKB was less popular than baseball for so long). There are probably hundreds of obscure baseball players who are tough, but had brief and insignificant careers, but team and set collectors need those players on specific cards to try to complete sets!

I have Wright on a team sheet, so i have his signature crossed off my list, but I don't have a card signed and that is my favorite item for my collection, especially if it is an actual Dodger card. Where I can't find a Dodger card, I go with whatever else will do to fill a hole.

Anyway, it would be cool to see you land him (at a reasonable price), but I won't hold my breath. Good luck though!! I'll keep checking back for the tougher Dodger players you might land though…

I do need Noe Munoz, although he is in Mexico and not sure where.

Bill Russell got RICH off of his lack of signing, but the "self created scarcity" is a great way to describe that, because set collectors do need them. Interesting thought!

Not rolling out all details yet but I will have Dennis at the end of June for $10 an item. More details coming in the next few weeks but this is definitely happening

Good news! I have finalized Dennis Cook for June 27, but the price will be $12 for any item. Inscriptions will be $5. Send a TM if you are interested