Heading to Wrigley in July - What do I HAVE to see??

tdoran70

5.00 star(s)
My buddy and I are driving out to Wrigley for my 40th birthday in July. It's going to be a quick trip, but I am hoping to get some suggestions on stuff in the area that we have to see, places to eat and cool places to get drunk silly. Thanks in advance for your help, I can't wait to get going!!!!!

jaxbraves

5.00 star(s)
My buddy and I are driving out to Wrigley for my 40th birthday in July. It's going to be a quick trip, but I am hoping to get some suggestions on stuff in the area that we have to see, places to eat and cool places to get drunk silly. Thanks in advance for your help, I can't wait to get going!!!!![/QUOTE

Can't give you any names of places to eat but there is a bunch of places
within walking distance from Wrigley that are always packed during home games. You will enjoy Wrigley field.

MrBlackisBack

4.90 star(s)
If you are just coming in for the game and then leaving that doesn't leave much time. For food in the immediate area I would recommend Harry Carey's Tavern. The food is really good and the prices on everything are reasonable. Also go to Goose Island for some good local beer. Other than that there isnt much besides bars that tend to be all the same after a while.

tdoran70

5.00 star(s)
Any special places in the surrounding area that we shouldl hit. Think places that you would see on the shows Man Vs Food or Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. They don;t have to be right outside the ballpark, but in the general area would be great. I have heard about the great pizza and Italian Beef in Chicago and would hate to think i would miss something good.

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
there is a real nice place just down the street called ther salt and pepper diner which is just a couple blocks away. for Pizza a short 20 minute or so drive to lou malnatis in lincolnwood will take care of that craving. a lot of the rest depends on what you like

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
katester.. it's actually speeled that way :)
Superdawg is kind of a drive from wrigley though, i would consider myself a semi expert in wrigely neighborhood food as i did call 1060 w addison my work home for a while

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I second Goose Island. I have also ate at Messner's Grill. I believe it is on Southport Ave close to Wrigley.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
there is a real nice place just down the street called ther salt and pepper diner which is just a couple blocks away. for Pizza a short 20 minute or so drive to lou malnatis in lincolnwood will take care of that craving. a lot of the rest depends on what you like

You like Lou's over Gino's?

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
meliah....uhh yes. I always founf Ginos to be a little greasy.Personally I'd take Uno or Due for a thin crust and Lou's for a thick..not to mention Lou's delivers out here :) (even iof it is fedex). There is also a KILLER mexical place called Ricardos on 6 corners and if you are brave enough there is goose island or lawrence fisheries and the best burrito in the world birra huentitan

Trader Rich

5.00 star(s)
There is a little card shop about three or four blocks west of the ballpark on Addison. They have some really cool Cub stuff, but the prices are high.
Enjoy the game. The atmosphere at Wrigley Field is unbelievable. You will love it.

Rich

egon8

5.00 star(s)
There's a great place to watch a game w great food just SOUTH of Wrigley, right around 35th and Shields!! You knew a South Side fan had to weigh in!!
Tony

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
There's a great place to watch a game w great food just SOUTH of Wrigley, right around 35th and Shields!! You knew a South Side fan had to weigh in!!
Tony

Agree 100%.

It's the ONLY place to watch a great game of baseball :D

Yes, I have been to Wrigley, twice.

seawolf17

5.00 star(s)
Lou's is the winner for me.

If you're in town for a game, cool; but if not -- or if you can overlap with when they're out of town -- then I highly recommend the Wrigley tour. Probably better to do that for $25 than to see a game if you're not a Cubs fan.