Hello, I'm new to The Bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cub1970

Bench Warmer
Hello everyone,
I'm just now getting back into baseball card collecting after a very very long hiatus from the hobby. So you might have to help with some questions that might seem strange, just bare with this poor guy as I get back into the hobby. Now what or who do I collect. What do I collect well baseball and only baseball my goal is to build sets from 1978 to present to start. I’m only working on the main sets for each year for now. The funny part is when I started buying baseball cards there was only one company making them now 35 years later when I get back in to the hobby there is once more only one main company. Yet I think there are more sets put out now than when I quite the hobby in the early 90’s.
Now for the who, well that’s the easy part Ryne Dee Sandberg. When I was growing up WGN was one of the local cable channels. So I was naturally glued to the TV when the games where on and it didn’t hurt that back then they aired I think every home game and if you got lucky and they played Atlanta well you just switched and watched TBS. I look forward to dealing with people on the site and learning what has happened to the hobby over the last 20 years I have been away.

Welcome! Ah, the good ol' WGN / TBS days, I remember them fondly as well.

If you need any relatively current Topps base, I (and I'm sure many others) would be more than happy to help you out. I am mainly collecting Topps sets as well, but my focus now is mainly my 1970's era base sets.

Put up a want list and start rolling!

Todd