Hey Benchie auto experts,..I need help !! Solved !!

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
Hey Gang,
I just pick up this baseball for 150.00,..26 Autos on it,.from the 1990 All-Star game,.Bob Feller signed twice,.
Some are easy,..some I have no clue,..can you please help me identify them all !!,..thanks !!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/bombie1138/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Last edited:

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
I think I have figured them all out"
Fergie Jenkins HOF
Bert Campanris
Ernie Banks HOF
Enos Slaughter HOF
Bob Feller HOF x 2,..Bob was a signing beast !!
Johnny Mize HOF
Lou Brock HOF
Billy Williams HOF
Dick Williams HOF
Joe Rudi
Manny Sangullian
Earl Battey
Monty Irwin HOF
Bobby Deorr HOF
Bob Gibson HOF
Robin Roberts HOF
Bobby Bonds
Boog Powell
Eddie Matthews HOF
Dennis Leonard
Gaylord Perry HOF
Warren Spahn HOF
Al Oliver
Paul Blair
Al Barlick HOF
Took some investigating but I'm thinking this is correct,..

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I do think that is right, what a COOL ITEM!! I think you ran away with that for $150, 16 HOFers, especially on the same item, you got a GREAT DEAL! Thanks for sharing this, I remember the 1990 All Star game, as a child in Chicago, this was a big deal!

Thanks for sharing, very fun memories!

God bless,

Kevin Mc

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
Thanks Kevin,
It's from the 1990 All-Star Old-Timers game,.I figured that out quickly but I had to do some on-line investigating to see if I could come up with all the names,..The hardest one was Manny Sangullian's thats sits right under Joe Rudi's,..couldn't figure that out at all,..it's not one you see a lot of,.especially with 16 HOF's
I took it to a dealer in the area that deals with nothing but autos and he figured out the Dennis Leonard for me but he couldn't pin-point the Manny sig,..
It's not COA'd but he said it looks like the real thing so I finally found a newspaper article from the New York Times that was written by Larry Colton that listed all the players involved and he
had Paul Blair and Manny Sangullian listed,.that gave me the info I needed,..Their signatures actually authenticate the ball I think,..
It's really nice too,..they used different colored pens so the sigs really stand out when you see it in person,..a really nice piece
There's one on E-Bay with a BUY IT NOW option sitting at 500.00,.so I figuring its worth about 350.00 reasonably,,
Looks great sitting in a case on my dresser too !!
I think I am starting to gloat,..lol

Clint

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Hey Clint, I would definitely say you got the better end of that! I mentioned it to a few family members yesterday that I had seen your pickup, and they were amazed at the quality and caliber of signatures. I would say $350 is a very reasonable (and probably low!!) estimate!

I agree about Sanguillan and Blair authenticating the ball in essence, but there are so many unmistakable signatures on there, Billy Williams, Lou Brock, Bobby Doerr, Bob Gibson, Bob Feller....I have been around autographs in one way, shape or form for 20+ years now, and those are the real deal, no doubt. The different color pens are a neat addition too, not only for authentication purposes, but also for display!

Very cool item, this is why I really enjoy this hobby, more as a spectator now, I have sold most everything I ever collected for family vacations, medical bills, etc. but I sure do have fun on here seeing cool successes! Made my day for sure!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Thanks Kevin,
It's from the 1990 All-Star Old-Timers game,.I figured that out quickly but I had to do some on-line investigating to see if I could come up with all the names,..The hardest one was Manny Sangullian's thats sits right under Joe Rudi's,..couldn't figure that out at all,..it's not one you see a lot of,.especially with 16 HOF's
I took it to a dealer in the area that deals with nothing but autos and he figured out the Dennis Leonard for me but he couldn't pin-point the Manny sig,..
It's not COA'd but he said it looks like the real thing so I finally found a newspaper article from the New York Times that was written by Larry Colton that listed all the players involved and he
had Paul Blair and Manny Sangullian listed,.that gave me the info I needed,..Their signatures actually authenticate the ball I think,..
It's really nice too,..they used different colored pens so the sigs really stand out when you see it in person,..a really nice piece
There's one on E-Bay with a BUY IT NOW option sitting at 500.00,.so I figuring its worth about 350.00 reasonably,,
Looks great sitting in a case on my dresser too !!
I think I am starting to gloat,..lol

Clint

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
I am so lucky,..
I threw it into a cube,..and I can turn it on all 6 sides and see at least two HOF Sig's staring at me,.
I'm really trying not to handle it to much,..lol,..but I feel like a child,..

O

oldmarine0311

WOW get a cert from PSA or where ever on it. still cool something to hand down to the grand kids someday.

dave

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
I forgot all about this post,.
being a Indians fan and after that Worlds Series against the Cubs,.I took it off my dresser for a bit,.
after the tears were over,..I brought it back out to embrace its full glory !!

Clint is still gloating,..

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Happy to see this post again, what a Coooooool baseball!! Thanks again for posting! God bless!