Historical Dual Auto Project Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLNoble13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Basil Plumley and Harold G. Moore both served our country through the US Army. Sgt. Major Plumlee not only served in WW 2 but he served in Vietnam and the Korean Wars. Lt. General Moore also served in Vietnam and the Korean Wars. Both are known for The Battle of Ia Drang in which a movie was made starring Mel Gibson as Moore and Sam Elliott was Plumley. We Were Soldiers is the movie based on the actions of the soldiers told from Moore's book based on the battle. I enjoy history and the stories behind the scenes. Sent to Moore a few weeks ago and received it back rather quickly. Found an address on Plumley and couldn't wait to try it. Received the photo back signed by both of these heroes on 4/14/2012. Very nice addition to my historical collection. I just wished Plumley would have signed it under his picture but I am not going to complain at all.

lkw7t.jpg

Other pick ups

89' Topps lot from SCN

Alan Ruck - An addition to my 1980s movie autograph collection. Signed 2 photos from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I wish I had today off!

ea1v7t.jpg

I love the dual! That is a terrific success! I remember when I read that book and I often wondered how they would be able to do justice to it on the silver screen. They did. Gibson and Elliott did outstanding work on that flick. You can only imagine the kind of courage it took to pull that off in real life when you were literally surrounded by the enemy.

As for the Ferris Bueller success...very cool! She could do without the shoulder pads, though. One of the bad ideas generated by '80's fashion designers.

I love the dual! That is a terrific success! I remember when I read that book and I often wondered how they would be able to do justice to it on the silver screen. They did. Gibson and Elliott did outstanding work on that flick. You can only imagine the kind of courage it took to pull that off in real life when you were literally surrounded by the enemy.

As for the Ferris Bueller success...very cool! She could do without the shoulder pads, though. One of the bad ideas generated by '80's fashion designers.

I agree about the shoulder pads!