Home run derby!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Caught Mantle vs. Mays with Mantle winning 9 to 8. Mantle vs. Banks with Mantle winning 5 to 3. Three match is Mantle vs. Jackie Jensen...Jensen plays for the Boston Red soxs. Interesting TV! Best regards, David

porkchops

5.00 star(s)
Watching it now.Mantle and Killibrew tied at 2-2 after 2.
Whoops, now 4-2 Mantle.
Ken
PS it's on a channel called"THIS",it's a retro type channel

Last edited:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
David,

I loved watching the repeats of that show. What channel are they on now?

Shawn

Watching it now.Mantle and Killibrew tied at 2-2 after 2.
Whoops, now 4-2 Mantle.
Ken
PS it's on a channel called"THIS",it's a retro type channel

Thats right..it's 26.2 Fresno, CA ...saw the Killebrew go down to Mantle....but he was playing for the WA senators. Best regards, David

Kekamba

5.00 star(s)
I caught these last night. I watch part of Mays vs Mantle. I hope they replay it again kinda hard to watch it while unpacking. But I think Ive seen alot of these, if Im not mistaken ESPN use to air them almost dailey back in the 90's before they had more channels than any other network on tv. I always thought it would be fun if they'd do these in the off season with players from today. Maybe the MLB Network could set something up. Just dont do it in the studio....lol

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Would like to see something like this today...but it's only a dream ....with some many players avoiding the all-star home run derby :) Best regards, David

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
I watched it some as a kid but it was not a very popular show. Even baseball fans pssed on it. TV in 1960 was still new in a lot of rural america. 1960 was in the golden age of TV so why watch players take batting practice.

porkchops

5.00 star(s)
In a way,it's kinda like a game show.
For 1960,thats a VERY nice piece a change!
Even the loser leaves with at least a grand.
Ken