Homemade Maple Bats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bats being sent tomorrow. Sorry for the delay guys. Work's been crazy.

Aspoe - My first post has pics. Reference back to page one. I'll check for a 34", but the weight I do not know... Sorry, don't have a scale.

Last edited:
Ryan:
Received the bats yesterday. Thank you so much. I'll see if I can get to the park and try them this weekend.

Luis

Ryan--Please take a look at my bucket and see if anything interests you. Adult and youth bats. Thanks!

Motown G - Here's your 26 inch bat fresh off the lathe this morning. Made it a hair bigger because if it's a little big your kids now, they will always grow into it. Too small wouldn't be good. LMK if you like it, and if so how you would like it finished.

Dark stain, light stain, two toned, or unfinished. It's up to you.

The one above it is apx 33 inches and it too is fresh off the lathe and available ft to anybody interested.

IMG_00000404.jpg

Criollos - did you get the card as well that I tossed in as well? Hope you like the lumber. Please let me know how hitting with them goes!

Motown G - Here's your 26 inch bat fresh off the lathe this morning. Made it a hair bigger because if it's a little big your kids now, they will always grow into it. Too small wouldn't be good. LMK if you like it, and if so how you would like it finished.

Dark stain, light stain, two toned, or unfinished. It's up to you.

The one above it is apx 33 inches and it too is fresh off the lathe and available ft to anybody interested.

IMG_00000404.jpg

Criollos - did you get the card as well that I tossed in as well? Hope you like the lumber. Please let me know how hitting with them goes!

Yeah man, thank you! I almost through it away with all the wrapping paper. I actually thought "hey, I think that the address is in a top loader,.....I'm going to save it". And boom!........there was a nice GU of a player I collect. My wife asked me how do you paint/stain the bats? And also, how come the two-toned one is way heavier than the black one?

Yeah man, thank you! I almost through it away with all the wrapping paper. I actually thought "hey, I think that the address is in a top loader,.....I'm going to save it". And boom!........there was a nice GU of a player I collect. My wife asked me how do you paint/stain the bats? And also, how come the two-toned one is way heavier than the black one?

The way I stain them is I hang them from the ceiling with string and a tiny nail that goes into the knob of the bat. Then I hand painted the stain on. For that very shiny dark bat I put on several coats, and for the lighter toned I paint it once, let it sit for a minute then wipe the excess off. Wiping it off let's you see the grain better and applies more evenly. Wait a day, spray on a gloss coat, and bam you've got a painted bat.

The two toned is heavier because the wood used is from the center of the tree. The older wood in the middle of the tree is denser and stronger. The other bat is from wood closer to the bark, while still very strong, is weaker than wood from the center.

So, you get a chance to use em' yet? Please let me know!

Finished a trade with roddster. Bat seems very well made. Great design and finish. He was also kind enough to include two nice Twins cards, thanks for the deal!

Do you have pictures anywhere of your bats? I would need a 34 in 31 oz if I am going to get one

IMG_00000425.jpg

I asked the nice post office lady to weigh this one for me because I thought this may work for you. 31 oz on the nose. 34" as well. Interested?

Metrotheme - Yes I do. Interested in one?

Last edited:
Do you have a 32" bat?

IMG_00000431.jpg

First bat with my new decals. "M" standing for Munnatawket Lumber Co. Which is the brand name for my bats.

This bat is 32", but I must warn you, she ain't for the weak. This is a rock solid and heavy bat. Doubt this thing will break anytime soon.

LMK if interested and what you have to offer if interested. Thanks

For trade/sale five Munnatawket Maple Bats. Top bat is 34", middle three are 33", and the bottom one is 32".

Looking for hits to my set needs list, Allen & Ginter N43 Relics, and any Autos or GU Patch cards. LMK if interested in trading for or buying a bat.

IMG_00000434.jpg