How did you find THE BENCH???

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
With the recent article in Beckett Baseball Card Plus, mentioning our site.

I would like to know how did you hear about our site?

Did a fellow trader mention it to you?
Where you surfing the web and found it by accident?
Newsgroups?

Let us know, always intresting to hear peoples stories!!!!

Thanks,

Bryan Barrett

i heard about the site on another trading forum form some one i traded with i thought i would give it a shot and from the looks it was a good shot

kinggeorge27

I was looking at an item for sale on ebay, and happened to look at the seller's "about me" page. It had a link to the Bench (mine does too now!). I had never traded on a forum before, and have been collecting a long time. So far I've been able to find a lot I'm looking for, and it's been great.

jjthejet

5.00 star(s)
i would have to be one of the people who were surfing the net looking for the QVC's card section and i found pete's site cards on the bench and clicked the link to this site and have been here ever since

ronzomanzi

5.00 star(s)
I was on Topps Forums, and a thread was named Check Out This Cool Site or something. I came and saw that it was pretty good. At the time there were only a few posts. It was empty here, but it grew to a great site. I am so glad. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have made 10 trades on Topps. Those boards were so messed up. No trades ever got completed.

Thanks Pete,
Ron

lprimus

5.00 star(s)
Same as NYJeterFan. I was browsing the newsgroup when you had posted your link to join the new site.

And haven't left since.....

:D

Jason

PriorityCards

4.90 star(s)
My Journey....

I had read about e-flipping.com in the SCD one month and decided to check it out...On their site, they had some links to the top 50 sites forbaseball cards and The Bench was near the top....
I checked out the site and the site of the month (Cards For Sets) and was hooked when I made my first deal with her... I had not posted 10 times when I was writing Pete wanting to be a moderator or get involved in any way possible...He told me to try it out a few days and then let him know what I thought....10 minutes later I was writing back...LOL.... Pete and I talked a lot in those first few days (as we still do today) and I have never looked back. Soon I was offered the Manager position and cannot ever say that I have enjoyed a "job" any more than this!! Then I met theis LPrimus fellow... Being that I work for a company called PRIMUS, I figured I might humor him with a trade... THat was the first of about 25 that I have completed with him...I am still after that site of the month...Problem is, I make so many trades I can barely keep the site current!!! LOL... I love finishing sets.....My own, my friends, yours....That was a Hint!!! I look forwards to watching this site continue to grow and soon see our 1000th member...then our 5000th!!!

Troy:cool:

packerbacker1

5.00 star(s)
the Bench

I made a trade on the yahoo clubs with Mr. Hershey and he invited me to the Bench. Ever since I have really enjoyed trading with all of you.

Rob

Knight302

5.00 star(s)
Bob (NyJeterfan) recommended the site to me as I was always looking for trades.He was right in that this site is by far the best one out there.If not for him,I would still have the same wantlist with few changes to it.Now I have to update almost daily.Is this a good thing or bad thing? I would have to say that though it is sometimes tedious,it is well worth it.I have now found a place where not only can I trade,but I have met some wonderful people that are collection oriented and not always in a sell mode.We all are able to enhance our collections and get our wantlists filled for much less than trying to buy all the boxes yourself and ending up with tons of dupes.Yes,we have to come out of pocket to buy stuff to trade with etc but I have found that I am spenidng less and collecting more.
-Frank-

trammellfan

5.00 star(s)
I found it through the top 50 sites. I had visited alot of sites.
Wont name them & always thought about joining one but there always seemed like all they wanted to do on them was argue and 1 up the other person. So I came here there wasnt alot of traders at that time and gave it a chance. I have to say I have had a great time here.First thing I do when I get up in the morning last thing I do before I go to bed.Even though my wife thinks I spend to much time here. But hey it keeps me off the streets.
Thanks everyone for all you do.
Doug

lprimus

5.00 star(s)
trammellfan said:
I found it through the top 50 sites. I had visited alot of sites.
Wont name them & always thought about joining one but there always seemed like all they wanted to do on them was argue and 1 up the other person. So I came here there wasnt alot of traders at that time and gave it a chance. I have to say I have had a great time here.First thing I do when I get up in the morning last thing I do before I go to bed.Even though my wife thinks I spend to much time here. But hey it keeps me off the streets.
Thanks everyone for all you do.
Doug

Heh. Same here. My wife thinks I'm nuts! :D

rl16

5.00 star(s)
Knight302 sent me an email containing the link. This is by far better than the trade section on the Beckett website. I have been here a little over two weeks and have done several trades. This site is what we make of it. So far so good as far as I am concerned.

RAy

Ramtart

5.00 star(s)
Through eBay's Sports Forum

I entered a post mentioning where I can find some online sites where I can Trade Online. James (JamesNevans) recommended this site and I joined and now I'm hooked!

Regards,
Ramil

Sheff's Cards

5.00 star(s)
i can barley remember it was months ago i vaugly remember how i found it i think it was either you pete or troy that directed me to it on the topps site which i have not been back to more than 3 times since lol this place has been very productive with trades and sales im glad i was lead to this site
dave

LEGACY

5.00 star(s)
I started on topps.com and met CJ (cardsforsets). She recommended the Bench to me. I found it and left my wife for it.....just kidding. During Christmas Vacation, I started trading like a madman (even had Champs concerned about me). I dont remember my first trade (those 2 weeks are a blur from lack of sleep LOL) But I haven't stopped since

I will not go anywhere else, why should I when I have the friends I have established here. A tight knit community, like a family (minus the head nuggies) :D

Legacy