How did you find THE BENCH???

Vladfan27

4.90 star(s)
I found the Bench from someone on the Fleerbullpen baseball card forum, sure glad I did!!!

alextiger

I told my trading buddy, Duane Jackson (hdjstuff) how frustated I was getting with some other site, he recommended The Bench and I have not used anything else since. My son got me hooked and as he starts to lose interest, I find myself picking it up even more.

chambokl

How I found "The Bench"

I think it was through a link on the "Newsgroup"

Who said those Newsgroup were useless...lol

I use to check the NG and sometime Beckett. Until I came here I had made about 2 trades on the net.

Now between here and SportsCardSherriff I have about 50 trades in the last 6 months.

This is a lot since I don't buy any new products (no stores in the region).

I love "The Bench" and also love the Chat. I was one of many, I am sure, that suggested to Pete he should have some kind of Chat room to start and/or complete trades.

Thank you very much to all traders,

Jean-Guy

rfelix

Hi, I got here recommended my NY JEterfan, I was trying to make atrade with him on antoher boards and he told me "If you dont join The Bench I wont trade with you" :) LOL. Just kidding,
just told me he hanged out more in here so I came here and registered,
its a very nice place, I like It

Ricardo Felix

MoWhackmaster

I was just referred by NYJeterFan from another board. He said to check it out and see if the guys here can help me with a card that I need. Looks like an excellent site.

Racerboy

OK, I've been trading on Topps for the last year and finally decided to go someplace where there was some structure. RyanL24 sent me here. I've been here for only a couple of days, but I am very impressed with how well organized this site is. Thanks to all who made this site available.

Chris:p

TheRealScore

5.00 star(s)
How I found THE BENCH!

It is interesting how I found The Bench!

I had been out of cards since after my divorce in 2000 and after my marriage to a great lady who told me to take the time for my hobby, I began looking for people to trade with. I have been with AOL (aka AOHell) since 1994 and began by looking at the AOL Hometown pages. I found Bob D'Angelo's and several other guys who traded here (sorry Bob seemed to be the only one I remember at the time) and about two hours after that I went to the chat rooms and someone told me to look in the newsgroups. I went and there were a crapload of posts. So I grabbed the first one that said something about being friendly and it was a newsgroup post about The Bench. That was like the 10th time I saw the name and said that I had to try it out. Within days, I had made a trade or two and went off to the card show in Atlanta and met Troy. After that, the rest is history.

So sometimes it takes more than one,

Corey

4.90 star(s)
i found it in a thread at beckett message boards where NYJeterFan told another person who needed help finding topps 205 to check out here.i came and joined once i saw it was a message board.

AtlBravesFan1

hi

here is my story i was looking for a chat room to talk about cards and a room popped up i went inside and found one person who is he i tell you later so u we talked and he then he gave me the bench address and here i am

the mystery person is ..........??????????
BenchTrader
he helped me out alot thanks

mj23bullsfan

4.90 star(s)
I am a charter member on a new auction site http://www.tradingcards4sale.com, which has a top 100 banner for trading card sites. Clicked on "The Bench" and BAM! here I am, lol

sami41

I've been watching the Topps boards for a couple of weeks and there was a thread that consisted of a bunch of guys who were upset that The Bench site was down. I didn't know what The Bench was/is. Days later, a new thread was started saying that the Bench was back up, and people we're happy again. So I thought I'd check it out. So far, so good. I hope to get to know all of you and hope we can help each other out. --Sami

larlin001

5.00 star(s)
THE BENCH

HI PETE: I WAS ON TOPPS WHEN YOU HAD MENTIONED ABOUT
THE BENCH. I AM ALSO VERY GLAD YOU HAVE.I WAS LOOKING AT
AT YOUR PICTURES,NICE SHOT.WHERE WERE THE TAKEN AT A.C?
DID YOU EVER HAVE ANY RELATIONS LIVING IN GOLUCSTER CO.?
AND LAST BUT FAR FROM LEAST THANK YOU AND ALL THE STAFF
ON THE BENCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND ALL THE HOURS
ALL OF YOU PUT INTO THE BENCH.SO WE CAN ENJOY. THANK YOU
LARRY