How Many Stadium Have You been to?

7timecy

5.00 star(s)
MLB:
Dodger Stadium
Angel Stadium
PetCo Park (Padres)
SafeCo Field (Mariners)
AT&T Park (Giants) Now Oracle Park I suppose My Personal Favorite thus far...Padres and Mariners are a close second
Oakland Coliseum (A's)
Chase Field (Diamondbacks)

Spring Training:
Camelback Ranch (Dodgers, White Sox)
Salt River Fields (Diamondbacks, Rockies)
Goodyear Ballpark (Reds, Indians)
Maryvale Baseball Park (Brewers)
Peoria Sports Complex (Padres, Mariners)
Surprise Stadium (Rangers, Royals)

Ontario Convention Center (Ontario Reign..Minor League Hockey for the Kings)

AT&T is in my top 3, with the water and the back drop and the statues around the outside. I really liked eating at Pike's Market and then walking to Safeco.

schmidtfan

5.00 star(s)
AT&T/Oracle is up there on my list, but Wrigley and Fenway are my top 2.

I remember the game I saw at Fenway was in the mid 90s; they played the Orioles. Only time in my life I saw Ripken play.

The Wrigley game Steve Traschel started, so it took a long time. That man worked so slowly. But I'll never forget hearing the fans cheer when a Cubs player grounded out to the right side with a man on second and no outs. Great fans.

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Wow you have a great memory, for something that was over 55 years ago. Those are great stories. Thank you for sharing.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I did not remember the exact dates of the games, but was able to find them through an internet search. The other details, however, I DO remember.
As a young boy, those were seminal events for me. Even though I grew up in NYC, I did not get to see many games. I was too young to see the NY Giants/Brooklyn Dodgers before they left. After that, up until '62, it was only the Yankees, and my Dad DESPISED them. And, as a blue collar family in Queens going to games was not high on the priority list. Plus, you could watch every game on TV (WPIX, Channel 11: Red Barber, Mel Allen and Phil Rizzuto). Then the Mets came along. Again, you could watch every game on TV (WOR, Channel 9: Ralph Kiner, Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson).
My Dad's biggest sports rooting interest was the NY Football Giants and it was one of my biggest thrills, years later when I was grown, to finally be able to take him to see them play.
Boots

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I have been to a few stadiums

Cubs
White Sox 2 different
Reds
Twins
Cardinals 3 different

St, Louis Rams

Chicago Bulls 2 different

Dubuque Packers The last season in Dubuque was 1966.

I'm surprised Dubuque doesn't have a team anymore. It is larger than several towns in the Mid-West League.

I saw the original Yankee Stadium from a boat tour.

STLSHOEMAN

5.00 star(s)
Busch Stadium 1,2,3
Comisky Park
Chavez Ravine
Baltimore Orioles
Old DC stadium when I was a kid
Memphis Redbirds
River City Rascals
Tucson during spring training-Giants and Rockies
Milwaukee Brewers (Scott Rolen signed my wife's jersey)

I think that's all.

Scobes

5.00 star(s)
Here's my list. Not as many as I thought. Some are one-timers, others I've been to a bunch of games. The place I've been to the most over the years is the Reading Phillies - love that team and the stadium!

Scobes

MLB -
Marlins Stadium
RFK Stadium (Washington Nationals)
Toronto Skydome
Veterans Stadium (Philadelphia Phillies)
Yankees Stadium (Early 2000s)

MILB -
Bowie Baysox
Buffalo Bisons
Burlington Royals
Carolina Mudcats
Durham Bulls
Reading Phillies
Scranton Wilkes Barre Red Barons
Scranton Wilkes Barre Railriders
Tucson Sidewinders
Vero Beach Dodgers
Wilmington Blue Rocks

NFL
Buffalo Bills

NBA
Philadelphia 76ers

NHL
Buffalo Sabres
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers

AHL
Rochester Amerks

ECHL
Reading Royals

Boots

5.00 star(s)
Agreed, thanks for the memory Boots. Would love to have seen the Polo Grounds with the crazy outfield dimensions.

A big regret of mine is that I seriously thought about flying to Detroit in the last year of Tigers Stadium just to see a game. Couldn't get any friends to go with me though, so I didn't make the trip. I think Gnep is the only one I've seen who saw a game there...

The Polo Grounds was also unique in that the clubhouses were out in center field. Before the game, the players would come down the stairs from their respective clubhouses and run through center field, across the diamond and to their respective dugouts. I remember that between games of the doubleheader I went down along the third base line and, when the Giants were coming back to the dugout for the second game, screamed my head off trying to get the attention of Willie Mays. I guess I did not have a persuasive voice as he just ignored everything!
Boots

Boots

5.00 star(s)
AT&T/Oracle is up there on my list, but Wrigley and Fenway are my top 2.

I remember the game I saw at Fenway was in the mid 90s; they played the Orioles. Only time in my life I saw Ripken play.

The Wrigley game Steve Traschel started, so it took a long time. That man worked so slowly. But I'll never forget hearing the fans cheer when a Cubs player grounded out to the right side with a man on second and no outs. Great fans.

Paul:
I agree with you about Fenway. Although I have read about the seedy undersides of Fenway (and Wrigley): rats, vermin, and some of the "amenities" (read bathrooms) leave something to be desired, the uniqueness, quaintness and regional appeal of it make it probably my favorite, too.
Boots

TOP18

4.90 star(s)
Thought this look like a fun thread I grew up in Connecticut so I've been to New Britain Red Sox the Pawtucket Red Sox the Boston Red Sox the New York Yankees the old Shea Stadium to see a Mets game hated it lived in North Carolina used to go to the Charlotte Knights game and then moved to st. Petersburg Florida and work for Tropicana Field and I was a kid years and years ago I know I went to a Dodgers game when I was about six or seven maybe a little bit older I know that Ron say I believe it was Ron Cey hit a grand slam lots of great memories ps Phillies spring training in Florida

David K.

5.00 star(s)
MLB:
Dodger Stadium
Angel Stadium
PetCo Park (Padres)
SafeCo Field (Mariners)
AT&T Park (Giants) Now Oracle Park I suppose My Personal Favorite thus far...Padres and Mariners are a close second
Oakland Coliseum (A's)

Spring Training:

MiLB:
Inland Empire 66ers
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
Lake Elsinore Storm
Modesto Nuts
Visalia Rawhide
High Desert Mavericks (no longer playing)
Bakersfield Blaze (no longer playing)....straight away center field was only 354 feet
Fresno Grizzlies
Sacramento Rivercats
Stockton Ports
Eugene Emeralds
Palm Springs Stadium

This June/July while on vacation...the wife and I plan on attending games:
San Jose Giants
Reno Aces
Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
Everett Aqua Sox
Seattle Mariners again

Football:
Los Angeles Rams (before they went to St. Louis) played at Angel Stadium
LA Express (USFL) Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Hockey:
Staples Center (LA Kings)
Honda Center (Anaheim Ducks)
Gila River Arena (Arizona Coyotes)
Thanks! I forgot the Visalia Rawhides! Plus drove by a stadium near Red Banks/sb north of Los Angeles. Best regards, David

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Thanks! I forgot the Visalia Rawhides! Plus drove by a stadium near Red Banks/sb north of Los Angeles. Best regards, David

Surprised that you haven't been to Sacramento Rivercats...I liked it a little better than Fresno Grizzlies. You ever come on down south and want to visit a nice Single A ballpark, go to Lake Elsinore Storm, it is just like a Triple A park.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Surprised that you haven't been to Sacramento Rivercats...I liked it a little better than Fresno Grizzlies. You ever come on down south and want to visit a nice Single A ballpark, go to Lake Elsinore Storm, it is just like a Triple A park.

Love walking and eating in San Francisco...majority of my vacations in SF....Lots of places to see, shop and eat ......all within walking distance (my workout)...Good Japanese food at the Dojima Ann on 219 O'Farrell St.....Don't have to dress up...and their salmon teriyaki is to die for! Best regards, David

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Agreed, thanks for the memory Boots. Would love to have seen the Polo Grounds with the crazy outfield dimensions.

A big regret of mine is that I seriously thought about flying to Detroit in the last year of Tigers Stadium just to see a game. Couldn't get any friends to go with me though, so I didn't make the trip. I think Gnep is the only one I've seen who saw a game there...

I can share that regret pain with you! I missed my opportunity to hit Shea Stadium before it closed, and it was only a train ride. On the flip side, I got to see a game at Coors Field because I had a conference in Colorado Springs and was willing to fly into Denver and than drive the two hours rather than fly direct into Colorado Springs. Definitely worth it!!

AT&T is in my top 3, with the water and the back drop and the statues around the outside. I really liked eating at Pike's Market and then walking to Safeco.

Didn't know we could rate them!!!!!

BEST:
1 - PNC Park (Pittsburgh) nicest stadium I have been to, bar none.
2 - Camden Yards (Baltimore) still a great place after all these years
3 - Coors Field (Colorado) the centerfield backdrop was beautiful

WORST:
1 - Fenway Park (Boston) the place may be shrine, but it is a hole. the seats are tiny and most face the wrong way. the breezeways are horribly small. if you sit in the rightfield area, the sun basically blinds you for two innings.....

2 - old Yankee Stadium (New York) - see above, but they have monument park

3 - Tropicana Dome (Tampa Bay) - just a soulless existence.

7timecy

5.00 star(s)
I can share that regret pain with you! I missed my opportunity to hit Shea Stadium before it closed, and it was only a train ride. On the flip side, I got to see a game at Coors Field because I had a conference in Colorado Springs and was willing to fly into Denver and than drive the two hours rather than fly direct into Colorado Springs. Definitely worth it!!

Didn't know we could rate them!!!!!

BEST:
1 - PNC Park (Pittsburgh) nicest stadium I have been to, bar none.
2 - Camden Yards (Baltimore) still a great place after all these years
3 - Coors Field (Colorado) the centerfield backdrop was beautiful

WORST:
1 - Fenway Park (Boston) the place may be shrine, but it is a hole. the seats are tiny and most face the wrong way. the breezeways are horribly small. if you sit in the rightfield area, the sun basically blinds you for two innings.....

2 - old Yankee Stadium (New York) - see above, but they have monument park

3 - Tropicana Dome (Tampa Bay) - just a soulless existence.

I agree completely with your 3 on the worst list. Fenway has the outside atmosphere and the same with old Yankee so they wouldn't be my worst. So my top two worst are tied. Tropicana and what they call A's stadium. Those two are by the worst. I would love here here a debate on that.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I agree completely with your 3 on the worst list. Fenway has the outside atmosphere and the same with old Yankee so they wouldn't be my worst. So my top two worst are tied. Tropicana and what they call A's stadium. Those two are by the worst. I would love here here a debate on that.

If you are not in the 600 Club at Fenway, it is a brutal experience. But I agree, love being outside of Fenway on game day, it is such a different atmosphere from a place like Citizens Bank, where the stadium is off on its own little island and not part of the city. The Trop - if you are a heckler, it is great, because all 5,671 people in attendance can hear everything you say. Big plus is that the beer lines are very, very short!

7timecy

5.00 star(s)

I went to a Storm game over the summer. Nice park but come one, upgrade the scoreboard!!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I went to a Storm game over the summer. Nice park but come one, upgrade the scoreboard!!!

Didn't hit any minor league games this year...no time in the schedule.

On the positive side, my son got to add 3 new MLB Parks to his list (5 total now) -- Camden Yards/Citizens Bank/Nationals Stadium. And Nationals Stadium was added to my list.

Not sure where we are going next year - thinking it will either be Fenway or a Detroit/Cincy combo.

7timecy

5.00 star(s)
I'm sitting at 29 active and with the Covid it doesn't look like I will be able to hit the Rangers stadium.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Can't believe I missed this thread!

MLB:
Wrigley
Comiskey
US Cellular
Miller Park x2 (last game in the old one, first game in the new one!)
Busch III
Fenway
Candlestick Park

Independent League Baseball:
Gateway Grizzlies Stadium

NBA:
United Center
TD Banknorth Garden

NFL:
Soldier Field
TWA Dome
Candlestick

Two special additions: when in Cooperstown, my 2 best friends and I went to Doubleday Field, where so many HOFers have played over the years, this was a really awesome addition!

I have also been to the site of the old St. Louis Stars Field, where Cool Papa Bell and so many other Negro Leagues legends played! It is now part of the baseball field at Harris Stowe State University, and a plaque commemorates the site. Given my love for the great Negro Leagues teams and players, this was a cool stop!!

God bless,

Kevin

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
MLB:
Dodger Stadium
Angel Stadium
PetCo Park (Padres)
SafeCo Field (Mariners)
Oakland Coliseum (A's)

Spring Training:

MiLB:
Inland Empire 66ers
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
Lake Elsinore Storm
Modesto Nuts
Visalia Rawhide
High Desert Mavericks (no longer playing)
Bakersfield Blaze (no longer playing)....straight away center field was only 354 feet
Fresno Grizzlies
Sacramento Rivercats
Stockton Ports
Eugene Emeralds
Palm Springs Stadium
Reno Aces
Everett Aqua Sox
Salem-Keizer Volcanoes

Football:
Los Angeles Rams (before they went to St. Louis) played at Angel Stadium
LA Express (USFL) Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Hockey:
Staples Center (LA Kings)
Honda Center (Anaheim Ducks)
Gila River Arena (Arizona Coyotes)

Updated from last years vacation