How much does it cost to run this site?

jdthakid36

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm with everyone else when I say THANKS! This site is awesome, by far the best and most convenient site I trade on! My Ryan collection is that much better because of it, and the people here!

SteelerFan

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I wanna say thanks also Pete. Since finding this site my Passion for collecting Has sparked once again.Everyone ive talked with on here so far has been Wonderful.2 big thumbs up for the site and also the great bunch of folks who trade on here. God Bless each and every one of you.. Jay

robert326

MVP
4.90 star(s)
Thanks Pete for all you do. Real interesting reading some of the older posts from members who were new at the time but went on the HOF and the Mod Squad. We do care about our trading community and try to spread the love. :)

cpl0311

Veteran
4.80 star(s)
Well, from the rookies point of view, the other boards are full of "veterans board members" that ignore the new guy and really don't contribute to the hobby as far as I can see. Like Giantsfandan said, this is old school trading. I'm in my forties and I remember doing this with my buddies after school. I think that it's a great benefit to the collector and to the hobby. Keep it up and I'll be here, the other board has their veterans they don't need another rookie.

vintagehound

Bench Warmer
Cost is pretty low for websites. I can get a 1.8 tb which could run anything i wanted for $36 month or less. so my guess depends on the bandwidth used but id say this site could be ran for $50 to $75 a month easily.

J2800

Rookie
4.90 star(s)
This site rocks i been on other sites and some people are just rude. Do to i really don't have expensive cards. I aslo like to thank the mentors who have really been understanding and have helped i ton. I what to thank everyone for answering all my questions i have had.

elbobman

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I gotta tell you guys, I've been trading on many other sites, SCF, Beckett, etc...and I really don't trade on the others as much as I do here. The ease that the site has of finding your way around and posting is one heck of a lot better than the other sites, and I just want to seriously thank the operators, and the owner of the site for making such a great place for us to truly get back to our original hobby. Thank you very much

J.R.

ryandude

Rookie
4.80 star(s)
I gotta tell you guys, I've been trading on many other sites, SCF, Beckett, etc...and I really don't trade on the others as much as I do here. The ease that the site has of finding your way around and posting is one heck of a lot better than the other sites, and I just want to seriously thank the operators, and the owner of the site for making such a great place for us to truly get back to our original hobby. Thank you very much

J.R.

yea same here. it took me about 1 month to do 2 trades, and its taken me a weeks here :p

so far this site is really good. i like it

BiggioDiogu759

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Here are some current stats
Members: 9,341
Threads: 366,919
Completed Trades: 200720+ only reflects trades since trade manager was put in

Does The Bench delete members that havent been active in the last 5 years or that have never posted ect

Also doesn that number include banned members?

mintman2

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
There's multiple references to a link so TheBench gets credit for bids placed on ebay but I can't find the actual link. Is it a secret link ? Seems like it should be more prominent, or at least easily findable. I found an old bookmark, is this the link ?.... http://www.ebay.com/?clk_rvr_id=320031219517

Does TheBench actually receive a nickel for every bid placed ? If not, what do "we" get ?

At a nickel a bid, for any and every bid (multiple bids on same item?), that could be A LOT of $$$. Shoot, could probably start a corporation and sell shares at that rate.