I am about to lose my MIND!

uglyrad1

5.00 star(s)
I'm not kidding, everything that can go wrong is going wrong at the worst time! Here's the list in order of how it began.

1. My mom got fired because her boss was jealous of her. She sued the hospital and they called saying they want to settle out of court so I guess there's a positive there.

2. I am losing my grandma. She was placed on hospice a few weeks ago and my mom and I are just bracing for the worst. She pretty much raised me until age 4 because my mom was at work and my dad did squat! Speaking of...

3. My mom is being sued by my dad. He wants to cut child support in half because he claims that my mom doesn't let me see him even though I have told him many times that I don't wish to see him because he is a bad parent. He also wants my mom to go to prison because he is a cruel individual. He has been spreading false rumors to people my mom knows just so they feel sorry for him. All after he wasted all the money my mom worked so hard for. She brought him to this country from Romania in 1990. He had nothing. Now that he's successful, he left us 3 years ago and left a $40,000 debt. I will testify against him on the 12th.

4. I am being harassed and falsely accused by my neighbor. After countless lies, I got sick of it and blocked him. Apparently, he knows some of my passwords so he signed on to my Xbox Live account, unblocked himself, and started bombarding me with more messages. My one question is did I go out of line by threatening to call the cops if he pulls off something like this again? I have no idea how he got my password.

I apologize if this post is too personal, but I just need to get this off my chest because I feel like I'm about to explode! Thank you for bearing with me. You guys are like my second family and I know I can go to you guys for help.
Most sincerely,
Christian

RHauch

5.00 star(s)
I always say "no matter how bad it seems, someone is always worse off".

Keep your head up buddy.

Ron

robert326

4.90 star(s)
Hang in there Christian, I think you're doing the right thing by your mother.

What you mentioned in #3 is very similar to what happened in my family over the past year. No matter how strange it may seem, perhaps this is your chance to stand up and be the Man for your family. I wish you strength and courage to do what is right. You have an amazing opportunity before you to bring your family justice. At the same time, it is good to remember that things are not so easy for your family members, that they too are suffering because of everything going on.

If you need anything, feel free to drop me an email or PM, I'm always here. :)

Robert

redsfan24

4.90 star(s)
1. My mom got fired because her boss was jealous of her. She sued the hospital and they called saying they want to settle out of court so I guess there's a positive there. That's just flat out rude

2. I am losing my grandma. She was placed on hospice a few weeks ago and my mom and I are just bracing for the worst. She pretty much raised me until age 4 because my mom was at work and my dad did squat! Speaking of... Hang in there

3. My mom is being sued by my dad. He wants to cut child support in half because he claims that my mom doesn't let me see him even though I have told him many times that I don't wish to see him because he is a bad parent. He also wants my mom to go to prison because he is a cruel individual. He has been spreading false rumors to people my mom knows just so they feel sorry for him. All after he wasted all the money my mom worked so hard for. She brought him to this country from Romania in 1990. He had nothing. Now that he's successful, he left us 3 years ago and left a $40,000 debt. I will testify against him on the 12th. call the police

4. I am being harassed and falsely accused by my neighbor. After countless lies, I got sick of it and blocked him. Apparently, he knows some of my passwords so he signed on to my Xbox Live account, unblocked himself, and started bombarding me with more messages. My one question is did I go out of line by threatening to call the cops if he pulls off something like this again? I have no idea how he got my password just call the police

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
How is he supposed to call the police because his mom is being sued reds?

Sometimes things can feel like they are being dumped on you and nothing seems to stop the pressure. You just have to remain as positive as you can during those times and talk things out with people. You and your mother seem to have a very close relationship so that would be the perfect person to discuss things with. If not her then anyone you feel comfortable talking with.

I won't go down the list but my wife and I have had a rough few months, not between us but around us. If we did not talk things out the stress could easily make our relationship go south but we don't let it get there. I guess the point there is to be strong is a great thing but even the strongest people can't keep everything inside all the time:)

robert326

4.90 star(s)
1. My mom got fired because her boss was jealous of her. She sued the hospital and they called saying they want to settle out of court so I guess there's a positive there. That's just flat out rude
And very likely, illegal.

If your mother is in a union (or even if she's not), she may have employment rights she was not aware of. I'm guessing that's the case since the hospital (guessing that was where she worked?) is now scrambling to settle out of court.

Also find out what the specific laws in Ohio are. Employment laws vary drastically from state to state. In New York, employees are "at-will" by default, meaning they can be fired with or without cause. In other states, the law is the other way around, so in a way, employees earn a "right" to their job over time.

Generally, managerial employees can be terminated with or without cause. In the public sector in New York City, most non-managerial employees are members of a union, hence they accrue certain rights to their position. It can be difficult to remove such a person from their job because of the specific procedures that must be followed (must first issue a warning, then conference with the union rep, hearing, etc.)

This is just my non-professional opinion based on personal experience (and my studies). It is best to consult with an attorney or her HR department (union rep or shop steward if she's a union member; Ombudsman if she's not in the union) to understand exactly what her rights are.

I really hope this all works out for your family.

Robert

uglyrad1

5.00 star(s)
Thanks everybody! I thing I should describe the hospital situation a little better-

My mom started working at a local hospital's call center last August and for the first 2 months, she loved it. However, then her and her co worker who my mom is great friends with were put under the control of a woman who had a third of the experience my mom has. The boss told my mom some things that are just unbelieveable. She discriminated against my mom and there's no denying it. She would constantly write my mom up even though she did exactly what she was told and exactly what her co worker did but she didn't get written up for. Finally, in mid June, my mom and the co worker were fired without any real reason. So she filed a discrimination suit and it looks like the hospital's counsel is willing to settle out of court.

I hope this cleared up #1 a little more. Thanks again to everyone who replied! I knew I could count on you guys to cheer me up a bit!
Christian

CharlieBrown

5.00 star(s)
Just make sure she has a good lawyer who know the employment laws in your state. Sometimes an out of court settlement is good, but other times it's a low ball. Like someone said above about some states are right to work and others are not. If they can fire without just cause you would likely lose a court case unless there is some hard evidence other than just what you Mom and coworker say. They would need some good documented proof that can be validated. If the laws say a company needs to have just cause it may still be tough to win depending on how well the company documents things. Seemingly if legal wants to settle out of court quickly they may not have facts backed up on their side.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Hang in there buddy! I'll say a prayer for your grandmother...just remember the good times the two of you shared together! Best regards, David

redsfan24

4.90 star(s)
How is he supposed to call the police because his mom is being sued reds?

Sometimes things can feel like they are being dumped on you and nothing seems to stop the pressure. You just have to remain as positive as you can during those times and talk things out with people. You and your mother seem to have a very close relationship so that would be the perfect person to discuss things with. If not her then anyone you feel comfortable talking with.

I won't go down the list but my wife and I have had a rough few months, not between us but around us. If we did not talk things out the stress could easily make our relationship go south but we don't let it get there. I guess the point there is to be strong is a great thing but even the strongest people can't keep everything inside all the time:)

i have no idea why, that would be what i would do for false rumors being made.

uglyrad1

5.00 star(s)
I'm not kidding, everything that can go wrong is going wrong at the worst time! Here's the list in order of how it began.

1. My mom got fired because her boss was jealous of her. She sued the hospital and they called saying they want to settle out of court so I guess there's a positive there.

2. I am losing my grandma. She was placed on hospice a few weeks ago and my mom and I are just bracing for the worst. She pretty much raised me until age 4 because my mom was at work and my dad did squat! Speaking of...

3. My mom is being sued by my dad. He wants to cut child support in half because he claims that my mom doesn't let me see him even though I have told him many times that I don't wish to see him because he is a bad parent. He also wants my mom to go to prison because he is a cruel individual. He has been spreading false rumors to people my mom knows just so they feel sorry for him. All after he wasted all the money my mom worked so hard for. She brought him to this country from Romania in 1990. He had nothing. Now that he's successful, he left us 3 years ago and left a $40,000 debt. I will testify against him on the 12th.

4. I am being harassed and falsely accused by my neighbor. After countless lies, I got sick of it and blocked him. Apparently, he knows some of my passwords so he signed on to my Xbox Live account, unblocked himself, and started bombarding me with more messages. My one question is did I go out of line by threatening to call the cops if he pulls off something like this again? I have no idea how he got my password.

I apologize if this post is too personal, but I just need to get this off my chest because I feel like I'm about to explode! Thank you for bearing with me. You guys are like my second family and I know I can go to you guys for help.
Most sincerely,
Christian

Here's an update.

1. This seems to be going smoothly. No real complaints here.

2. My grandma passed away last night at 9:47. I can't begin to tell you guys how much I will miss her.:(

3. It's becoming more and more clear that my dad is not a normal person.

4. Story ended. Nothing else happened.

As you guys might imagine, #2 is the one that I'm really unhappy about. I've been very sick all week and hearing that didn't help. I'm happy that she isn't suffering anymore and that I was able to see her one last time on Saturday, but I still am in total shock. It's been a rough week, to make a long story short.:( :( :(
Christian

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother! My prayers and thoughts for you and your family over the loss of your grandmother. Best regards, David

rangersfan1982

5.00 star(s)
My grandmother passed away last week, so I know exactly how you feel. My brother and I were actually the ones who closed her casket so it added a little extra to it, but we know she would have wanted us to honor her by doing it. Things will get better over time, but it definitely won't be instant. Keep your head up man and I will be praying for you and your family. With God all things are possible.