I BET nobody will hate on BRADY the way they do ROSE! (pun intended)

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
So I am curious where people weigh in on this controversy. I'm not going to spell out the Brady thing but I think everybody knows the NFL has issued it's punishment for deflategate and Brady is appealing.

So I want to know if all the Haters are hatin' on Tom Brady. I dislike Tom Brady for a lot of other reasons that have nothing to do with deflategate.

What about you?

What are all the differences between these cheaters?

Should Tom Brady get in the NFL HOF??

pmanningsfan73

5.00 star(s)
I HATE Brady & always have since his time at Michigan. I also hate the Patriots & have since the '85 Superbowl. Now with the deflategate deal & the Pats spying & stealing plays/signals a few years ago there is just more of a reason to hate or dislike them. There is no sense in cheating in any professional sport as you either have the talent & skill to play or you don't. I personally put all the blame on Coach Belichick. Like it or not it's just my opinion!

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
I HATE Brady & always have since his time at Michigan. I also hate the Patriots & have since the '85 Superbowl. Now with the deflategate deal & the Pats spying & stealing plays/signals a few years ago there is just more of a reason to hate or dislike them. There is no sense in cheating in any professional sport as you either have the talent & skill to play or you don't. I personally put all the blame on Coach Belichick. Like it or not it's just my opinion!

I'm with you, Belichek and Brady and like Flatman and "Rob-them"...don't forget about Spygate either, I wonder whose idea that was?

jimmyhazard

5.00 star(s)
The problem I have is that he got his face in the camera and just plain lied.Arrogantly,and still lying.The public isn't as stupid as he may think. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and let it run it's course and he and Belichek(which I've never respected since Cleveland) just couldn't do it.He is a Hall of Famer of course,but he has no credibility with me now.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So glad the Pats are the flagship franchise for the NFL at this point. They have been caught for Spygate. They have been caught in Deflategate. The NFL is changing a rule regarding subbing eligible receivers in because of them. The NFL changed the way that pass interference is called because of them (Colts/Pats AFC Championship Game...2004??). Their defense of the equipment manager texts are laughable as are their claims on knowledge of changing air pressure in footballs.

The old "where there is smoke, there is fire" addage rings true here, except that it seems to be an inferno. If this is the stuff they got caught doing, what have they gotten away with? If I get caught doing 80 on the highway 3 or 4 times, pretty sure that wasn't the only 3 or 4 times I was doing 80.

I thought that "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" only held true for the SEC and NASCAR.

Brady will get into the HOF eventually, but maybe this keeps him off the first ballot. He is slowly morphing into Barry Bonds - smug, arrogant and unlikable except for the hometown fans. If you didn't do anything wrong Tommy, just turn over your phone and let the NFL eat crow and announce your innocence.

T-206

5.00 star(s)
Brady & Rose
lets see cheating is cheating

Baseball hold their players at a higher standard than football
Brady should be banned for life but that will never happen.
Baseball banned 39 players 2 Owners and 1 umpire--Ed Duffy, William Wansley, Thomas Devyr all banned for gambling in 1865 but for cheaters of the game Jim Delvin, George Hall, Al Nichols, and Bill Carver for conspirinf if throwing 2 ganes in 1877 Last person to be banned for life was Marge Schott in 1996 but was reinstated in 1998 and resigned in 1999.
football only 3 for life first was 1925 Art Folz and the 2nd 1947 Frank Filchock and Merle Hapes

So Brady will get a 2 game suspension at the most. If they would follow Baseballs rules of integrity it would clean up the game but with everything being so unionized now-a-days Bans will be in the past

But Brady should not be the only one. Whom ever touched the footballs should be held accountable including the refs who should have known something was off

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Professional sports are rife with controversy, there is no doubt. The unfortunate part of this is the fact that professional athletes are held up in society as being great. Standards are high, but things like this make fans change the channel. Viewers and stadium-goers are customers, and those customers can very quickly go elsewhere (see also: Rams, St. Louis!).

There is no question that we are all human and all make mistakes, but cheating to win teaches a lesson that should be eliminated from sports at a very young age. If athletes wish to compete on a national or international scale, that is fantastic, as they have developed their God-given talents and abilities. If people are going to work on that scale, they need to maintain their behavior to the same standards. When I played Little League we learned that we had to play fair and not cheat, and I was 7 at the time. I think those are simple and universal lessons that need to carry over into the professional world as well!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
The problem I have with this whole thing are the words "it is more probable than not." If your boss said to you you are being fired because, it is more probable than not you did something wrong on the job? Would you just go with it?. How about we are going put your kids under child protection because it is more probable than not you are an abusive parent. OK with that? How many of you would hand over your cell phone w/o a legal warrant to look for anything they could use against you.
I say the comish. must go.

Beachbum

5.00 star(s)
The problem I have with this whole thing are the words "it is more probable than not." If your boss said to you you are being fired because, it is more probable than not you did something wrong on the job? Would you just go with it?. How about we are going put your kids under child protection because it is more probable than not you are an abusive parent. OK with that? How many of you would hand over your cell phone w/o a legal warrant to look for anything they could use against you.

Roger leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member

You make a couple of good points with the abusive parent/job analogies. However, with the cell phone, the case against Brady isn't a legal matter, so there would be no warrants and he isn't required to turn his phone over. If this were a legal case, the NFL would already have the warrant, the phone would have already been turned over and Brady would have been suspended for a year or more.

Because he doesn't technically have to turn his phone over during the investigation, he just adds to how guilty he looks by not doing so. If he has nothing to hide, than just turn it over.

As for the commish - he is being judged on a lot of things that have had a large amount of opinion influenced by the public. The Rice issue was about as bad as it gets, but no one will ever know if he saw that initial tape. In a world where TMZ has the dirt on everyone about 10 seconds after it happens, the fact that they didn't air anything immediately, shows me Goddell may be telling the truth, at worst, it is more probable than not that he didn't see it. And than the rash of domestic abuse cases that began popping up. If he didn't act on them, than he is criticized as much or more than when does act.

You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all the people happy all the time. Stop breaking rules and committing crimes and than you don't need to be judged by the commish.

Remember when Bud Selig was the worst commish ever and had to go after allowing an All Star Game to end in a tie?