I get this alot when I send PM's or work on trades

redsoxfan1979

5.00 star(s)

Straight Crickets.

Ever work on a trade for a couple hours or days then get chirping sounds of nothing???

Scobes

5.00 star(s)
Yup! And I'm sure everyone does. I used to chase down all these traders, but I gave up. If it I send a PM, and don't get a response, oh well! :cool:

Scobes

kemputer

5.00 star(s)
I feel for ya. I'm also finding out that most of the time someone asks you for a scan to a card you offered, you don't hear from them again. BTW, the conditions of the card(s) are usually fine.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Just a small rant.

Jeff

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Now that I'm working on the YSL Project again...don't like pms as much.....Now if they had news about cards not on the Bench want list..then I like them! Thats a locust or grasshopper...not cricket! Best regards, David

Last edited:

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
Yes I've had it happen to me and yes I'll admit on occasion I have done that to other traders. I know it comes off as very rude, however, sometimes it happens due to circumstances beyond one's control. And you can try to make up for it with a trade in that person's favor.

Thanks,

Frank

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
I have these crazy grasshoppers at my house they are bright orange, and about 6 inches long. And yea, I don't like it when I never hear back from people.

majdic2136

4.90 star(s)
I know what you mean...and I can't say that I am perfect because I probably left a few people hanging, but one thing that really gets me is when someone will PM you and ask what you have of a player and you take an hour to sort them and send back and then nothing in response.

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
If you happen to be referring to me, and you very well could be, l applogize. Internet went down in the house and I lost track of our deal. It is posted now.

Thanks,

Jeff

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
There can be lots of reasons for that kind of thing...unreasonable demands, unexpectedly called away, no time to deal with it, loss of computer/internet, boredom, etc. It's part of the game. I have done it and been on the receiving end.

The more description someone is, the less likely that will happen. Listing items, prices, condition and trading expectations all reduce ambiguity. However, most people are not that organized and motivated.

What about people who solicit you out of the blue with something because they think you might like/want it? Do they deserve a response for trying, if you have no interest? Should you ignore them from the start because you never asked for this particular item? I try to return all messages, but sometimes it just doesn't happen and I don't have a reason or excuse.

My favorite are those who offer to sell "cheap", then I have to ask for prices! When I get the prices, they are not what I'd consider cheap. Do I owe them a no thanks response?

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
This is the reason I haven't completed more than 1 actual trade in a LONG time. I just stick with TTM's and ebaying. It's sad when TTM's have become more reliable than getting a trade completed.

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
This has happened to me many times. However, sometimes after a drought for a few weeks, I find I make four trades in a week.

Hang in there.