• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

I heart the bench….

t.rooster

All-Star
4.90 star(s)
I admit to spending more and more time here and less with my wife (oh my, jk…). I remember being intimidated coming onto this site initially by the newness that happens in trying to figure out how things work and how to navigate around. So it is in that spirit that I bring some points up in hopes that they will get batted around and form into something that will benefit the site.
Security of trades: Any of us could claim that we didn't get a package in the mail and there is no note of that on the trade manager. Unless many people complain about it in a relatively short period (with so many trades how can a moderator keep one thing very long on the radar) this is a weak point that a trader could exploit for their personal gain. Perhaps there could be an additional box to check for this sort of thing happening on trades with the trade manager? Then if a pattern develops it is trackable.
Trade manager Feedback: Currently the feedback rating is confidential and in some respects understandably; however, this can be abused in the form of a vendetta in the hands of an emotionally unbalanced person. Also, don't we all want to improve ourselves? The feedback currently does not allow one to benefit from what could be a learning tool. Any further ideas?

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I enjoy it too, lots of fun, and have never had a single trade problem....usually start with a small trade to ensure partner's honesty!

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I think everyone has a negative response to one of their packages getting lost. I stopped trading for a long time when it happened to me. But ultimately you have to trust someone. What peaves me is when someone waits until they get my package before they mail back to me. That happened twice recently. Another issue is that people don't mark cards received when they get them. It was interesting that also twice in one day 2 people marked received within 30 minutes of me marking received. These people make trading an unpleasant experience because you feel like they don't trust you.

Last edited:

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
But ultimately you have to trust someone....

Very very true...the more I trade the more loose I get. I had a lost package and wasn't even going to worry about it but the awesome trader on the Bench went ahead and replaced the first package at his expense. I won't name any names but he happens to have a name that is also a tasty fruit. You have to trust someone or at least 99% of us and there just isn't anything you can do about that 1%...just forget about it and move on.

P.S. I am still working on making good on the double delivery. ;)

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I admit to spending more and more time here and less with my wife (oh my, jk…). I remember being intimidated coming onto this site initially by the newness that happens in trying to figure out how things work and how to navigate around. So it is in that spirit that I bring some points up in hopes that they will get batted around and form into something that will benefit the site.
Security of trades: Any of us could claim that we didn't get a package in the mail and there is no note of that on the trade manager. Unless many people complain about it in a relatively short period (with so many trades how can a moderator keep one thing very long on the radar) this is a weak point that a trader could exploit for their personal gain. Perhaps there could be an additional box to check for this sort of thing happening on trades with the trade manager? Then if a pattern develops it is trackable.
Trade manager Feedback: Currently the feedback rating is confidential and in some respects understandably; however, this can be abused in the form of a vendetta in the hands of an emotionally unbalanced person. Also, don't we all want to improve ourselves? The feedback currently does not allow one to benefit from what could be a learning tool. Any further ideas?

Any and all reported "bad" trades are documented in an archive that moderators can search. We have various ways to track who the troublemakers are and what they are up to. Anyone who has a trade where they do not receive a package and they go ahead and complete the trade as they did, there is no way to track that, and I would admit that is a bit foolish on their part as they should file a trade gone bad ticket.

The feedback system is an aggregate. It has proven to work over time, not in small samples. It is very much a learning tool in it's current form. There are traders with over 100 points that have a 4.9 or lower in packaging, but everything else is 5.0. It should be pretty obvious what they need to work on in that scenario.

Keep in mind the lowest and highest one or two scores are excluded from inclusion by the system when averaging the ratings.