in dire need of $$ so offering up a few nice items....after christmas price cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
3 weeks overdue in my quest to find a new home and still desperately over loaded with items i don't want to have to move/store and even more desperately short on money to get a new place.....

in an effort to raise the needed funds , i've decided to put a few PC items on the market .....i've also listed most these in my ebay store but if anyone here can use them i'll end the listings and sell here......because they all are PC items , if i raise what i need and they are still unsold i'll be taking them back off the market and tucking them back into their proper place - right back in my PC)....prices marked are delivered....no extra shipping charge unless a buyer wants to add insurance or upgrade from a first class bubble mailer to a small flat rate priority box.....

1) 1993 topps gold derek jeter , bgs 8.5 nm-mt+ - SOLD

2) 1998 sp authentic chirography vladimir guerrero auto - SOLD

3) 1999 fleer tradition starting 9 magglio ordonez 3/9 - SOLD (i was really quite sad to see this one go)

4) 2003 spx stars jersey autograph vladimir guerrero 208/390 - SOLD

5) 2007 bowman chrome prospects blue refractor brett anderson bgs 9.5 - just signed by the dodgers !
raw bv = 20
no recent sales of a bgs 9.5 ......- the only recently live 9.5's were one with a 22.22 opening bid w/58.88 BIN , and mine listed at 24.99 obo
asking 20....after christmas sale price - 18
i also have an UNGRADED one listed on ebay with a 17.99 BIN/BO that i would let go for here 10....
2007bowmanchromeprospectsbrettandersonbluerefbgs95.jpg

6) 2011 bowman chrome #175 mike trout rookie - SOLD

7) 2012 topps chrome bryce harper autograph - SOLD

i know some of the items below are not baseball , but rather than make posts scattered all over the place - especially when i may only have one or two cards for a given sport - i figure it's better to just to add it here.....

8) 1997-98 donruss preferred cut to the chase silver patrick roy nt
bv = 100
no recent sales on ebay ....over the past 3 years i've seen sales as low as $40 and as high as $120 with the vast majority falling in the $70-85 range....
only 2 live on ebay now are one with a $94.99 BIN/BO (but with 15 s/h) and mine at 99.99 BIN/BO with free shipping.....
asking $70....after christmas sale price - 65
1997-98donrusspreferredcuttothechase168patrickroy.jpg

9) 1997-98 sp authentic tim duncan rookie psa 8 nm-mt - SOLD

10) 2004 upper deck breakey derek jeter uncommon orange....SOLD

(leaving the detailed description in case anyone is interested in any of the other 4)

breakeys were packed at 5 per pack ...they came in 5 tiers of rarity (common , uncommon , super rare , ultra rare , secret rare) and 8 different colors each with a different level of rarity (most common to rarest is thought to be green , yellow , blue , red , black , white , purple , and orange)...these are almost impossible to find....i haven't seen even one on ebay this year and even google searches yield only EXTREMELY limited results (one old thread on sportscardforum , one old thread on freedomcardboard , a couple articles about the item's planned release in 2004 followed by legal documents regarding a lawsuit against upper deck that apparently killed off the product , and a litany of wantlists since it seems almost no one actually HAS them)....if you don't know about these and want to see info , just search for 2004 upper deck baseball breakey and check the scf and fcb threads for details including a checklist....

i opened several packs of these but so far i've only located one batch of 5....if anyone is interested , i also have a jay gibbons common green , c c sabathia common yellow , todd helton common red , and sammy sosa uncommon black .... will consider offers on any or all of them....
2004upperdeckbreakey4playerlot.jpg

found one more pack of the breakeys last night....no scan yet but may try to get one inthe next day or two....all are unbroken and unscratched :

green common bret boone
blue common bret boone
yellow common troy glaus
orange uncommon jim thome (rarest color)
green SUPER RARE hideki matsui (nice early item from his US career)....

no prices set on these yet but will listen to offers...the thome and matsui will most likely be added to the ebay store in the near future....

11) 1976-77 milwaukee bucks playing cards alex english 10 of diamonds PSA 9 (pop=1)
will try to get a good scan posted shortly
raw hi column bv = 10
raw MINT bv = 25
no recent sales...only 2 graded (one psa 10 and one psa 9 - i own both)....
due to extremely low graded populations , i've tried to compare it to his actual rookie card from 1979-80 topps to come up with a realistic value/price for this.....(for anyone curious as to how i did this , you an see my thread here discussing it : http://www.thebenchtrading.com/showthread.php/422836-looking-for-opinions-on-the-quot-true-bv-quot-of-a-couple-graded-basketball-cards?highlight=
looking for $50 , but will listen to offers....after christmas sale price - 40
976-77milwaukeebucksplayingcardsalexenglish10dpsa9.jpg
-77milwaukeebucksplayingcardsalexenglish10dpsa9bac.jpg

12 ) 2004 donruss classics team colors combos signature jersey steve garvey 88/100 - SOLD

Last edited:
6) 2011 bowman chrome #175 mike trout rookie
bv = 50
recent ebay sales range from 22.00 dlvd up to 48.50 dlvd
asking 35
Interested in this one. Best regards, David

pics up for all but the magglio........will try to round up a few more nice items over the next day or two.....

6) 2011 bowman chrome #175 mike trout rookie
bv = 50
recent ebay sales range from 22.00 dlvd up to 48.50 dlvd
asking 35
Interested in this one. Best regards, David

still interested ?

if so feel free to post it up and i'll confirm during one of my breaks (working today to clean up some water damage and get the house ready for an inspection tomorrow so i'll be in and out , working , cooling off , working more , cooling more.....)

home for the day - well at least til 6 pm - still busting my butt trying to get the place ready for a visit from the property manager and her repairman who i HOPE can get either the water heater or AC fixed before all the leaking damages even more cards.....may as well bump this up to see if i can wrangle up a sale or two before the weekend....

still interested ?

if so feel free to post it up and i'll confirm during one of my breaks (working today to clean up some water damage and get the house ready for an inspection tomorrow so i'll be in and out , working , cooling off , working more , cooling more.....)
Okay. Posting trade. Please confirm it. Using paypal. Best regards, David

Shoot...David beat me to the Trout RC lol...nice cards I will think about a few of the others and I'll check back to see if you add more down the road.

Take care!
Mike

Shoot...David beat me to the Trout RC lol...nice cards I will think about a few of the others and I'll check back to see if you add more down the road.

Take care!
Mike

hey mike.....

they didnt make it back out today to replace the water heater , so i MAY be home friday (hopefully they can get it done tomorrow rather than next week - i'm really tired of mopping every half hour)...if i am home friday , i'll likely be getting more stuff added in time for the weekend so that any funds raised will have time to transfer from pay pal to bank before the end next week....

with that in mind , i do know i have a few other non-baseball items i plan to list (i may just add them at the bottom of the first post here rather than run 3-4 different threads spread cross all sports) ....all are PC , but right now i have to bear down and let go of a few things i'd rather not part with....one item that springs to mind immediately is a 1997-98 Donruss Preferred Cut to the Chase #168 Patrick Roy NT S....BV is still $100....no RECENT sales , but i've seen them go as low as $50 and as high as $120 with "typical" sales running in the $65-80 range....only one listed on ebay right now is a $95 BIN/BO....if i put mine there i'd probably go with 89.99 OBO but for a benchie i'd go to something in the 70-75 range....

one more item sold......still need a few more deals ....will try to get 3-4 more nice items added this evening.....

one more item added.....not BIG , but nice nonetheless....

still hoping to get more items added over the next few days so feel free to check back....

updated this old thread since i was finally able to get scans for two more items.....hope to finish up another project this weekend so i can find time to round up a few more nice items to post here....

one more item added (sorry , no scan for now) and a few prices lowered ....hoping to add a couple more item tonight.....

Last edited:
one more item sold.....still would love to move a few more this weekend.....hoping to get pics on the last two items tomorrow....

later than planned , but scans added more the last two items posted.....hope to add more this week....

one more pre-christmas bump though i do still hope to get more new items added by the end of the week.........

hey, what about those 1960 cards from Woodman, I'll take the load off your shoulders for them....

not really looking to move them out before i even see them but once they arrive and i find some free time (not sure exactly when that will be - still looking for housing first) , i'll MOST LIKELY put some into my PC and add others to my off-grade vintage material for sale ...as for that , i have tons of it (MOSTLY 1971-1977 , though i'm sure there are at least a handful from the 50's and 60's mixed in too) i need to get organized so i can move it....looking for the best way to maximize my time and investment though i'm still not quite sure what the best way to move it is just yet (star singles , player lots , team lots , set starter lots , or singles for set fillers).....once i get some of it organized , i'll try to get a list of it posted somewhere here....