In law problems

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
BIL left today to go guiding for two weeks.

I would have said "Take Me too !!"

All kidding aside you must love your wife a lot and that's not a bad thing.

Hang in there,..

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
As much as I think that is a great idea, I know that I'll be sleeping on the couch for many months if they have to adopt out the pets.

As for the chickens - do you use chicks or fully grown chickens to make Buffalo wings?

Thanks for listening.

I know I was being silly in the last post, but honestly, if my wife's family did the same thing, I would tell her it was wrong for them to act that way. Espeically with your kids in the house.

Hate to say it, but it would be her or me.

Todd

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
I love my life. I have a great and understanding wife who gets baseball and card collecting. I have a Red Sox-loving 6 year old who is hard-working, generous to others and polite. I have a job which I love and looks like I'll keep for years (I'm a MS teacher). My home is paid off.

It's just this one bump in life that is driving me nuts.

After what happened yesterday, my wife suggested that we take some of our mad money, grab our daughter and leave town for a few days. Well, I'm now at a hotel near the shore in CT. Family is asleep and I'm watching the Sox pound Tampa (oops spoke too soon, Manny Aybar hit a 2-run blast making it 8-3 Sox).

Thanks for listening.

Jay

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
I love my life. I have a great and understanding wife who gets baseball and card collecting. I have a Red Sox-loving 6 year old who is hard-working, generous to others and polite. I have a job which I love and looks like I'll keep for years (I'm a MS teacher). My home is paid off.

It's just this one bump in life that is driving me nuts.

After what happened yesterday, my wife suggested that we take some of our mad money, grab our daughter and leave town for a few days. Well, I'm now at a hotel near the shore in CT. Family is asleep and I'm watching the Sox pound Tampa (oops spoke too soon, Manny Aybar hit a 2-run blast making it 8-3 Sox).

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Hey Jay
Should of waited a couple of weeks and you could of joined us at the golf tournament. I feel for you I have been there in that situation andit wasnt fun. Good luck
Chief

craiger122003

5.00 star(s)
Wow just read this post You must have some serious patience
Enjoy the short sabbatical Good Luck

Edited to add you mentioned this
up the back 100 acre hill

You have 100 acres? WOW and if so why not tell them to build far far away or get a trailer?

Last edited:

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
Jaybo- Sounds like you have a lot to be gratefull for. And I'm willing to
bet we all do if we just take the time look. I think its human nature sometimes
to forget all were blessed with and focus on the one bad thing in our life.
I know I do. Glad you got some relief from all that mess. Good day to all.

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Wow just read this post You must have some serious patience
Enjoy the short sabbatical Good Luck

Edited to add you mentioned this
up the back 100 acre hill

You have 100 acres? WOW and if so why not tell them to build far far away or get a trailer?

Our property is several hundred acres. It's an old dairy farm that runs up a the side of a hill and has a huge wood lot with several hay fields. I am not a farmer so I lease out haying rights to a local farmer. We had a forester mark trees that could be logged without destroying the wood lot. The money we made off the logging a few years back when the price of wood was through the roof paid off out mortgage. Currently, the natural gas companies are bugging us to lease drilling rights to them. Our home has actually paid for itself in the ten years we have lived here.

As for having my in laws build or put in trailer, I thought about it and offered it to them but they felt it would have been too expensive (septic, electricity, and plumbing/well drilling). Hmm...maybe I'll bring it up again and offer to pay for these things.

Silver lining to my situation is that today my daughter saw the ocean for the first time. We spent hours swimming in salt water, collecting sea shells and avoiding the occasional jellyfish. We then spent some time at the Mystic Aquarium. Seeing her enjoy herself with the sea creatures made this escape time really enjoyable.

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Came home and noticed that my BILW rearranged the furniture in the family room and living room. She claimed that it "needed to change":confused:

I went to the kitchen to make supper and noticed that several of the pots, pans, plates, etc. are missing and in their place are some that I did not recognize. To be polite, I asked my MIL if she was rotating in some different kitchenware. Before she could answer, BILW quickly blurted that she felt it was time for us to use some of her stuff.:confused:

I went to the garage and retrieved all of our kitchenware, washed them out and proceeded to make dinner. Apparently something in her snapped. She sobbed that I was not being fair and being mean and stormed off to her room and has not been heard from in about 3 hours. :eek:

I'm tempted to rearrange the furniture later on tonight, but I think I'd be tempting time in the doghouse with my wife.

I checked my PC up in my office and thankfully it is still there. ;)

Thanks for listening.

Jay

Last edited: