Interesting Article about a Paypal Dispute via Ebay

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for sharing the information! I also don't understand why they don't accept a hard copy! A few years ago my brother used my eBay account to sell a dual football auto'd card......The winning bidder send by priority mail with delivery confirmation a money order from the Post Office......The postman...... Just placed it in my mail box!! Buyer was shocked when my brother e-mailed him.....letting him know he got the USPO money order for $400.00!! Best regards, David

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
To be truthful, I refuse to have a PayPal account and have not used Ebay since they made it manditory. Bet they have seen a drop in business over the years because of this.

97honda

5.00 star(s)
That is horrible. Maybe we could all load Paypal with emails about it and threaten to close all our accounts(which I might do now).

By the way this is just me being angry, if it happened to me I would instantly close my paypal account, sue Paypal and the buyer.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I have not sold on ebay since the PP thing became mandatory. I prefer the safety of Money Orders. I gotta say it scares me some, but as an honest user and buyer, I love PP. I can buy freely w/o fear of being ripped off. I have never made a false claim, nor would I ever try it, but it is nice to know they generally have a buyers back.

It bothers me to see something like this happen to a good seller though. Further more, another move I supported (no negative feeback for buyers) would keep him from alerting more sellers to this dirtbag buyers dishonest activities.

I do agree that PP and ebay have become link happy and impersonal. It's terribly frustrating to even get to the right link and most of the time, it's not helpful. I do have a phone number ebay gave me to call to talk to a live person and have even used it once. Not sure if this is still a case by case, as they told me not to share it when I first got it, saying not everyone got it.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
DC MEANS NOTHING !
I've not received items that had dc and the usps showed as delivered. I've also received items that had dc but weren't mine (they delivered to me instead of the intended person).

And the whole insurance thing with the usps is criminal if you ask me. UPS is a little better since insurance is automatically included for under $100? but even that is ridiculous. YES, there's a certain amount of damage that occurs with any shipping service but that should be figured into the cost, spread out into the rates charged, and damages paid by the shipping company. Why in the world should I have to pay extra to have someone reimburse me IF they damage my package ?

When I drop my car off for repairs I don't have to pay an extra fee to cover me IF my door gets hits by another customer or IF the mechanic trips and dents my hood with the wrench he was carrying. In virtually every other venue it's the person/company providing a service that pays for insurance to cover them if they screw up but for some reason it's the customer mailing a baseball card that has to pay in case the shipper does something stupid. It's outrageous they can even get away with the whole insurance thing !

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Very true.

"Oops. Mintman, we lost your car while it was in for an oil change....Unfortunately, you didn't buy insurance, so you are out of luck! Sorry 'bout that."